Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Tick TOC

 



My days are slipping away from me and there's not really much I can do about it unless it's been more focused and forced myself to try to cram more stuff in to a isolated lifestyle. Fortunately, as I've indicated many times I'm so thankful for electronic media that allows me to stay in somewhat contact with people I'm concerned about and enjoy in my orbit of life. It just seems that for one reason or another the days just team to implode and I don't get really anything done.


Today, my neighbor across the hall, the senior about 10 years older than me called me and asked me to immediately come over which I did no problem. I finished breakfast and was sitting at my table during my cryptic quote and trying to work up enough interest in finishing my family Christmas cards. The major portion of my holiday season is the family Christmas cards. It's interesting to see how the list grows every year by one or two names as kids marry or and get out on their own. Shallow as it may be I am only sending Christmas cards to those that I received last year or those that have contacted me one where the other to request my address. I certainly would not want one of my cards going to somebody like me, who barely knows the sender and is questionable even if he would post the card should you receive it… That make sense? That doesn't matter anyway. Boy, I certainly got off on a tangent there. Anyway, my neighbors having a medical crisis of sorts in modern be there in case something happened. She was waiting to be contacted by her physician for a tele-visit and wasn't quite sure how to operate the zoom apparatus. The physician's office had not called by the time my neighbor felt strong enough that she could go it alone in the turn me loose to my conundrum for Christmas cards. It was a couple hours later when she showed up with Chinese food as a payment for being so kind. I certainly didn't need payment just to sit with a neighbor but Chinese food is Chinese food and even though I had already eaten lunch hours looking forward to a great dinner of egg foo young ham fried rice rice and some sort of chicken product that is her favorite and I'm excited to see what it is.


I wrote out three or four more cards this afternoon and updated my master Christmas card list in hopes of being better ready next year for my holiday salutations.I thought about going on a bus ride to the credit union and picking up my yearly stash of gift cards for grandkids and kids. I'm kind of perplexed. I was thinking of doing Christmas gift cards (little squares of plastic that look like Visa cards with holiday designs or McDonald restaurant gift cards usually $10 denomination for the grandkids as well as to give drop them visitors who come bearing gifts and you have nothing else to give them.. I'm always amazed at how well received a gift card to McDonald's can be. Either way it's going take a bus trip but I best hurry 1 December in the Yuletide clock is counting and I don't want to be caught short…

No comments: