Friday, December 04, 2020

If It Fits It Ships



I don't necessarily think that my batteries are getting worse (I'm sure they are) but I'm getting a feeling of just how much I can push the energy envelope which allows me to at least have some mobility in my neighborhood stretching it even further with UTA. I still had to be hypervigilant and mindful of where my power levels are.


Today was my last visit from the home health nurse, Tyler. He joyfully announced that I'm healed. We did apply one more dressing to the wound just to make doubly sure that healing takes place. The skin still might be a bit fragile and susceptible to sharing. I'm certainly glad this incident is behind me excuse the pun right now. I will miss Tyler however he was a nice visit. I went up to Harmon's as soon as Tyler left and I could take my package down to Jennifer who was able to take it up. While I was there she dropped a bomb on me. It seems that I did not have enough medical expenses last year to prevent me from today increase on my rent of about $18! Sigh, I'm thankful that I can absorb this increase but kind of spooks me out too. What kind of freaked me out was the records indicated that I used less home health last year than the year before which doesn't make sense as I pretty much did the same amount of visits. Oh well, I just need to be more aware maybe I can bring the rent down this next year.


With the letters to the girls in hand with their Christmas gifts inside and my brother's gift inside the PO Box the if it fits it mails. I had to jump the bus for the trip back to Harmon's or the post office. When I got there I saw the price for mailing my brothers car be eight dollars which seemed really high to me that I started thinking through the whole box that I picked up earlier in the week it was a high priority mailbox which means a high price that I hadn't figured. When I asked the clerk , the clerk indicated that I could use another envelope and the cost would be $1.79 a big difference! I kind of hated to rip up the one box at work so hard on stuffing them taping them having Jennifer tape but it would save me some box I thought. In the end was solid cost me $1.79 was just the cost for the envelope I thought that's what it mailed four also add another six dollars and I got almost the same cost as the priority mail. I should've just left it. It was a good exercise. I learned something relatively helpful. I noticed for the first time this holiday season there are no bell ringers, must be another casually of the Covid 19.


I was quite glad to get back to the apartments following mailing my Christmas to my loved ones. I did cross street however and spent some time at Walmart or a pickup a package of coffee filters. I was so close to purchasing a coffee maker. They had one for nine dollars that was no-frills but would certainly meet my need for making coffee in the morning. I couldn't get a definite box that was similar to what was on display and I didn't really have a way to carry the device home on the lap and that was enough for me to let it pass. Now however I must have 50 or 100 filters have to use up before I go to the next coffee maker. I had the McDonald's big Mac when I got home. I'm sure it was a fat bomb mean after all two patties. I microwave did and was pleased to eat the whole thing I'm ashamed of myself…


No comments: