Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Soups Delight

 



I'm getting so confused I actually had a resume meeting that I somehow completely spaced. I read my emails fairly regularly but somehow I missed the email indicating that there would be a zoom board of directors meeting for the programs I sit on. I did find another meeting however that will be a week from yesterday's will feel totally incompetent.


My neighbor who is 10 years older than I drove herself to the doctor's appointment she had yesterday actually it was a Insta care type apartment but on a return she brought Chinese food and brought me a lunch a kind. She didn't know what I wanted to order if I'd had a choice but what the order was some kind of chicken and egg foo young with ham fried rice. She completely surprised me with the lunch and I couldn't tell her that I'd only had lunch an hour earlier. I deftly put the meal into the refrigerator and was delighted to have half of the meal last night for dinner. There is truly more than enough for one meal. Typical of my home health person she was about an hour late this morning. It's okay I find things to do to keep me occupied until she shows it certainly dices up the morning and makes it hard for me to do anything significant. On top of that, I'm still having Tyler my home nurse command to change my dressings on my burns. I guess what I'm saying is that the morning is shot. Before I knew it was actually time to put my bike for 50 minutes after which I figured I deserved lunch and I remembered with some excitement, that I still had half the Chinese dinner in the refrigerator. The only reason I bring this up is that one of the items of course was a container of soup. I'm sure it was chicken egg drop soup. Most of the times I find these soups at the Chinese restaurant almost too much bother to consume. The soup comes in a small bowl hardly enough to even worry about. Many times I just push it aside but the container, Styrofoam cup like, had a fairly decent amount so decided to heated up as well. And I have to admit the soup was great. Seeing the fragments of the floating in the liquid through me into a time warp send me back to lunches Farmhouse growing up. Probably, most likely when I got a soup for lunch it was because I was home ill or something. What I remember most however is that mom would make a pot of Lipton's chicken noodle soup. An envelope of dry soup mix added to boiling water and volia chicken soup. Then she would do something I thought was kind of weird and didn't appreciate until visiting Chinese restaurants but she would crack an egg or two into the soup which would begin to form texture of long egg strings. Don't think I appreciated the defiling of the Lipton soup then now I would love the addition. In fact going to try to replicate the offering one of these first days. Maybe, cracking egg into a pot of boiling Campbell's chicken noodle soup and call it good

No comments: