Saturday, December 12, 2020

Grounds In My Coffee

 



I had two topics Sometime today I just cannot remember what they are. It seems that I had the ideas when I was dashing across the street this morning to pick up coffee at the coffee shop. I have a love-hate relationship with this place. I really like the owner seems like a real good old buddy kind of guy. I wish I knew his history I bet it would be fascinating. Saturday mornings (in my opinion) is kind of dangerous at this place. The Twin Peaks coffee shop is quite the little pocket of conservatism in my neighborhood. I can't believe how many people should appear on Saturday mornings and talk Trump in politics. The coffee shop has a big screen TV in the corner is always on Fox news. I didn't get to the coffee shop till almost 12 o'clock this afternoon. That's pretty late because this place shuts down at 2 o'clock on Saturdays (I cannot believe the hours of this joint I still never forgiven them for not being open at least for Sunday morning) so this kind of deserted. I kind of planned it this way figuring that most of the 12 people would be out of there by then. The owner of the shop, my friend, does not work on When his son and I think daughter-in-law are in charge. When I came in I got in line there are two people ahead of me one was engaged in the heavy-duty conversation with the owner's son. I wasn't sure quite what the conversation was about but it didn't take me long to figure out it was about something to do with the outgoing administration and the Biden administration which will be taking over in less than a month. They're talking about losing protections they had as a small business under the trust administration that they would be burdened with in the new administration. In fact the kid was talking about having to shut the whole operation down because he could not afford to keep in business with the new financial constraints are more liberal government would put on his operation. I sure hope I heard this wrong. I certainly got the feeling from the coffee shop guy that he couldn't win for losing that no matter what he did he couldn't survive partially because of the pandemic and partially of the new administration coming in. I'm not quite sure how the ownership of this property is figured out. I'm sure that my friend the old guard it really runs the shop in the morning is the main owner but I think somehow he hasn't worked so is kid (S) might also be some kind of owners in the operation. I'm hoping the kid just talk into his hat and things just keep going on as usual but I got a chill that things will be changing one where the other and very soon. My talk to the owner couple months ago or maybe late summer seems like now I was surprised at how well he was doing. Even though for a while until late summer it didn't even do “drink in coffee”. You can call ahead of time and they would bring coffee out to you to your vehicle they even indicated at one time I were to call they would run the coffee over to my apartment which I've never done. He told me what kept his business going was coffee contracts he had with the number of companies and operations around the city. I don't know if things are gotten bad for him because so many small shops, restaurants and other facilities have shut down, maybe they are in desperate straits I hope not. But I was okay for this afternoon effect is luckier than usual. By the time I get there the guy from the food bank swoops by and credit picks up there on sold donuts. There were donuts left over in fact there was still two maple bars I bought them both or maybe they threw in for free I'm not sure because when I paid for my coffee seemed lite I didn't spend too much thinking about it I just grabbed a black bag of goodies and zoomed out for the rednecks found me…

No comments: