Friday, December 25, 2020

Training Watching

 

This morning soon after waking, I realized th


at Christmas was nearly over. I was pretty groggy I was quite surprised even though I did got to bed by 11:38 PM. I didn't sleep all that will was awake at 4:15 AM and really didn't get much sleep after that. As I lay in bed I got the first buzzing of excitement of three contemplation of the new year. Except for whatever visitations I might receive today which probably would be by son and family I pretty much look to be alone. That's okay I really don't mind. I don't really have to dress up, go anywhere and visit. As with Thanksgiving I have enough to keep me busy for this day. I did make some Internet contacts through Facebook and chat/texting. I made the bed, coffee and then got dressed.


NPR is all about some Christmas stuff but they too were focusing on the new year. I've heard this year characterized many ways the past couple of days as we near years end. The descriptor I like best has been dumpster fire. That gives me such a visual but I don't necessarily understand why that's considered such a betrayal of the year. But I sure like the imagery. Granted the pandemic has been scary as hell and everything associated with pandemic specifically the economic downturn and the election. Well, election is kind of a light in the tunnel I just hope the light is not to train. After I heard one commentary on the “dumpster fire” I got to thinking all the above really I don't have it so bad. In fact under pretty darn good. I have to admit I am a little frightened about running into somebody or something with the virus and me trying up dead before I know what's going on. That would really be my dumb luck. I just have to be careful and don't do anything stupid. I miss my movies not being open,and I really do miss not being with people like going out to restaurants just hang out in groups not that I did that a lot but just knowing that I could wish is not being able to. I'm okay economically if the government does not fail in Social Security disappears… Then I am big trouble but so what everybody else as we are seeing. I don't know what I would do if I have to be homeless. I hear some people indicate that if that were to happen, being homeless, it would be just like what's happening to so many other people in this country. Hopefully, we Social Security folks are not going to go there anytime soon but we'll see this new year maybe by the end of this week.


Deep down I think this is going to be a good year. I think it's going be better than last year, I hope. I don't want to say how could it get any worse (that's what we've been saying since before the election) and then almost immediately have it get worse. I'm holding my breath with the rest of the country praying that this change in administration is going to bring the light at the end of the tunnel that's not a locomotive rushing at us at full throttle, but the bright light of a new year…


No comments: