Wednesday, December 09, 2020

It's Not Natural…



I don't know what I like best about the art of writing. I may not like being creative but what I do like, like so many things in my life is the process not necessarily the end result. I like to doing that must be it. I don't remember when I found my mother's Smith Corona portable typewriter years and years ago. I remember being enamored with the green keys in the paper roller and the silver return handle perhaps most rewarding of all The ring of ring of the bell at the end of each line. Forget that I'm an atrocious speller even worse when it comes to punctuation all of which were clearly exposed when typewriting. I can destroy a beautiful white typing paper with so many typos or worse corrections  either by eraser or wideout The finished product ended up looking horrible. I tried to write a letter I kept writing poems and whatever else. Later on after my accident I was upgraded to a secondhand electric typewriter, who knows for my parents found it, but I was grateful and found out I could trash page so much more quickly and thoroughly with the added with the added  electricity.

But the unique thing to me was my drive to keep typing or writing. Even though I had major physical challenges with my hands basically figured out how to type with either pegs or pencils which I had to use. I have actually type pretty well left hand but I had to use some kind of prosthetic on my right. I struggle but I finally got relatively proficient and even though I still made a great deal of typos I can actually get my thoughts out of the paper fairly quickly many to quickly. When writing by to become more methodical and the ideas and thoughts your putting down on paper. My problem was not be able to read as (or anybody else for that matter)Anything that I had written. It was pretty late in my life that I think Dianne got me my first copy Dragon software. This time change my life having software targeted for what I enjoy doing writing. Of all the gifts Dianne presented me with over life together this is the one I've used most often impossibly appreciated most Dragon Dictate. Now however, something is wrong with the software. I think it's just getting old. Software can get old old can't it? Sometimes I think Dragon as I thought or a mind of its own likes to play with me to see how exasperated I can get it be for The software seizes up completely Forcing me to shut the software without completely and sometimes having to reboot the whole computer system. I still have the original software disk that could try to reinstall the program or you could order the newest version just something like Version 13. Or I can go into settings for Dragon which is a place you can go in the software that allows you to challenge the software by speaking and reciting pieces of writing to see how well the system this hearing you. I did this a few minutes ago and talked to check the microphone settings and sure enough I have been trying to dictate via the microphone in my camera sitting on top of the screen and not the microphone boom at my mouth. Latter part of this post has progressed much better than the first but still the software is acting pretty peculiar or maybe it's just me…

No comments: