Thursday, December 24, 2020

Out Of Reach

 



I couldn't help it. Not like I was hoping for yet another Christmas miracle but I wandered back over to the market's afternoon just to make sure had a few things for Christmas Eve and tomorrow Christmas day. I need to get one of those money cards you know a greeting card that has got slots in the backor you can stick a card or a currency bill of some sort. I needed one for my home health worker tomorrow. She is scheduled to be here on Christmas. I can't do much for her but hopefully a little cash never hurts. I like to give cash as opposed to Amazon cards or one of those Bank cards or some other kind of gift card. I feel you can always use cash.


Before I left for the market stopped but my neighbor across the hall asked if I needed to pick up anything for her. She's like 80 and has been sort of sick this week. I usually ask her if she needs me to pick her up anything when I go to the market. She gave me a list and off I went. I know this is tacky but I just went all out impulse buying. A party size bag of crinkle chips, another bottle of hot mustard, 4 pounds of grapes (they are on sale), two boxes of snack crackers and some ship dip mix. Picked up a few other things but I can't remember what they were but this was kind of my Christmas gift to me. Alas, no one opted to pay for this go around but I figured I'd been blessed enough. I wish my favorite checkers Merry Christmas and headed home. One of the items my neighbor asked me to pick up with some kind of yogurt derivative that you drink and it's good for you or something. it's sold in the yogurt section I guess, dairy section to be accurate. Of course, the drink was on the very tiptop shelf. People are busy on Christmas Eve in the last place you want to be shopping for the most part. People were rushing back and forth that took a while before I saw someone I thought might help and she did. She was happy to help. Seemed like all I did was ask people to hand-me-down things that were out of reach. I suppose it was a list of some sort.


My brother just stopped by dropped off a Christmas Eve meal then my Christmas presents. A new set of reaching hooks I'm excited. I don't think one can have enough hooks. I have closed the door nowturned on the lights turned up the heat and go up on me and eggnog and watch Christmas videos is after all “a lot like Christmas…PS. I just sneezed twice! What if, just what if somewhere today I contacted Covid 19. That would be just my luck and don't serve me right for being out as much as I have lately. However, for my mask I've been good. Luckily, I can still taste so I think I'm okay but still you watch and see if I have any other symptoms

No comments: