Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas Chaos

 



Yesterday, I was feeling magnanimous so I decided to reach out to my newly found younger brother Ed. A couple times we've actually spent time on face messaging getting to know each other. Like I said yesterday was feeling pretty open and I thought I would have a conversation with him over the Internet. I sent a message asking whether you'd like to get together for a short coffee. I sent the message off and got no response when on with my day. This morning however I got a call back indicating if I want to do it today and I said sure. (I'm getting sidetracked here this is not what I want to post about). Just not to leave you hanging we did get together and had a fruity good discussion.


The point I want to make is that whether it's video messaging or zoom or whatever you're using when you visit with somebody else they are seen not only you but the world behind you usually. If I'm using the big computer then the individual is seen my work desk and workstation quickly behind me and it's a mess right now. I can use the excuse that I have not had a regular cleaning person for a number of months now but that doesn't excuse the fact that my house is in chaos right now. Best excuse I do have however is that it's the Christmas season and I have “Christmas Chaos”.


My kitchen table is covered with not only the regular fruits and vegetables emanating from the basket on the table but also various Christmas gifts found outside my door are in the mailbox that I've opened up on the table. Right now there's this hideous candy nut tray which I think I wrote about yesterday. In that area behind me is my writing area and drafting area. All my drawing tablets and bookmark making equipment and other various art projects reside there let alone envelopes, bags of Christmas cards and various books and other items. Usually there's a bit of control or order to the chaos and doesn't look necessarily messy rather creatively artistic. Sometimes when I do is zoom call a go to the bedroom right with the bed and can either put the camera on my secretary aimed at the bed which looks fairly decent or vice versa many times my secretary is relatively neat and looks okay behind me. But now days this Christmas season there's a mess everywhere nothing safe. So if I do assume meeting or a regular just video message I have to live with the chaos behind me. I was visiting with Dianne last night and she thought looked good. I'm going to accept that at face value but really I need to put some order to my chaos. Not to be critical but I end up seeing what's behind people now would be posted videos are they video message. It's okay I don't judge in fact kind of glad that I'm not the only one in the world that's going to Christmas chaos right now. Christmas cards, wrapping presents, searching for scotch tape and everything else that goes with the season leads to seasonal entropy. I don't try to fight it knowing that'll just continue till the great day comes in the next great day of the new year and then maybe order will come in 21…

No comments: