Monday, December 14, 2020

Leave' EM Happy

 


I think one of the most poignant thoughts I've had over the last week with the death of my first wife has been the need to plan out a little bit better what's going to happen after I kick. I could no longer ignore the inevitable. It was interesting last evening after the remembrance I met with my kids with the assistance of video messaging talking about the events of the day. Half jokingly I remarked that a disregarded it started because I'm next. Everybody kind of laughter looked at each other Mark and shell looked at each other and Mark indicated yet we don't talk about that which immediately took me back a little bit. I didn't are tried not letting to show of course but yeah I can imagine they probably have been after a split second I thought that's cool but let it drop right there.


Some of the things I'd like to do make sure that in that topsy-turvy, helter-skelter, quasi-I trauma related couple of days following the deceased's last bow the matter how much you are aware the end is coming when the end comes whole bunch of things shift into gear and have to be taking care of quickly. What are we going to do? Who are we going to call? Who's going to put together a life sketch? Who's going to put together the photographic slideshow? Where the photographs? Who had them last? How long slideshow better be? What kind music would dad want on the slideshow? I really liked the way this remembrance turned out. The remembrance certainly was not the stuffy, over religious, control event of most funerals that I can remember. The sad, solemn faced, participants wishing to be anywhere where they were. I hope for the time comes we put together contribute not necessarily to me but to all the people who helped me be me.


It's taken me a long time to get the point of accepting or agreeing to be cremated, cremation just seems like the right thing to do on so many different levels. So, once we do the cook and grind timing is not so essential. If I kick and not winter we could wait until spring or summer months a lot nicer to deal with any and everything. There be no having to lug a corpse around as opposed to a jar of ashes to be scattered by a selected few. Luckily, my granddaughters are talented and might possibly perform a couple of pieces of favorite music from the good old 60s. Perhaps, they might slow the tempo down a bit but I hope the feeling and excitement the music evokes will be there. Maybe we'll even have a bouncing ball and lyrics on a screen the possible karaoke funeral. Yes indeed, this has promise. Luckily I have already put together a number of images when I scanned all of my picture albums onto the hard drive so Shelley and or Mark or whoever we'll just have to cut and paste for the slideshow.


Talks cheap and so is writing so having put this down in the written form and publish to my blog all you faithful readers will be able to know and see if I put any of these thoughts in the practice. All I can sayI just want to … “go to the place of the best”…

No comments: