Sunday, December 06, 2020

Something Special

 


The day would almost be perfect had I not a problem with my butt. Really not sure what it is but it's a little painful I can't tell whether it's pressure from a wrinkle in the fabric of my shorts or the fact that it has been two days since my last shower and so it's a hygiene issue either way I spent most the day semi-reclined in my power chair trying to keep as much pressure/weight off the but talks as I can. I guess part of my frustration comes from the fact that my home health person just does not understand the need of the “second skin”. I've asked her a couple of times to apply the tape that we of called the second skin to my butt. I'm not sure exactly what the tape protection provides I think it's some form of shearing protection but whatever the tape does even if it's psychosomatic symptoms have a positive result. My last two providers Honey and Gladys were quite proficient in fact they were medically nurse proficient. They had to learn the skill but they learned quickly certainly aided in my comfort there's no question about that. So, long days reclining in my chair is what I'm looking at now and that's okay at least I'm dressed of them up am enjoying my room or my apartment. However nothing much mortgage done nothing really matters. However, once the Covid passes, and it will, I would need to be getting back to some form of active life. I sure hope so anyway. Today I'm fortunate to have episodes of fringe to assist me dealing with in reclining in my chair for long periods of time. I guess I could be in bed but that's a afraid of, being in bed.


I'm cooking a special dinner today for no reason except for a change and to maybe elevate my spirit a little bit. A couple of weeks ago the girl gave me a T-bone steak is kind of a consolation prize for not getting a whole turkey. She gave me the turkey breast, she must've seen how disappointed I looked, and said here through steak at me. It's a beautiful cut very large very expensive and one of been trying to force myself to purchase last couple of times at the market and now I have one. I still have ruminants of Thanksgiving so I'll probably have mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and a portion of the steak. I almost wish I had taken time to bake banana bread or have made a cake or even apply for dessert. However, I still have cookies and I found a couple of cups of ice cream I could use for the makings of an ice cream sandwich may be just ice cream and cookies. It's nearly 4 o'clock in time but I can justify starting to cook dinner. Yesterday, I want to cook the steak but got involved in a long-distance call for my daughter which took precedence and following the call I lost my drive to cook. I have been having cold cuts, Swiss cheese and grapes for dinner not bad dinner at all actually a lot simpler than steak but today I think I should do something special…

No comments: