Monday, November 15, 2021

A Chair Without An Arm

This is an image of my dissertation will he did arm for my power chair lying on my bed





Today would be a perfect day for traveling and it was. Fairly clear skies temperatures near 70° really, traveling weather doesn't get much better than the weather was to be. I was feeling pretty excited because I did a very good bowel program this morning and things were looking up. All I had to do was get to the busstop catch the 47 eastbound straight to the IHC are selective call it the DeathStar. I was trying not to think about what happened last night when the whole right side of my chair, more specifically the right arm of my chair fell off. I just cannot explain how disheartening this is. This is even more so when it's in the evening on a weekend. Fortunate for me it wasn't even 7 PM yet which I did feel too bad to call my brother, Carl never ceases to amaze me how constant he is with his support of me over the years particularly since we lived in the same city for maybe 30 years or so. You may go to guy and is never failed me which brings me to another blog posting I'm going to have to produce relatively soon just because for the first time I'm beginning to understand how unfair it has been with me to rely so heavily on my brother. But, as I said that's a posting for sometime down the line.


Luckily for me it wasn't easy fix. The control side of my arm slides into a receiver on the back part of my chair and it had slid out completely – – this is the first time that this is happened was, freaks me out. I'm totally surprised there is not some sort of a set screw or something to keep this from happening. Now, I just have to beware that that is possible and not to slide my arm too far forward. Just one of the many defects I see in this chair design. So anyway with all of these traumas in mind I'm taking off early afternoon to get to my 1 o'clock appointment over at the DEATH STAR. Thankfully, my wheelchair stays together and I'm able to make my appointment or so I thought. The physician I was going to see is in the same building as my internist who could not see me because of obligations of an “administrator” said with rolled eyes. When I got to this reception desk and he finally got around to noticing me and when he finally got around to finding my appointment they informed me that my appointments for tomorrow! I could not believe this. I remember making sure that today was the day of the appointment because I have to deal with so much just to get over here. I can't leave things to chance when you write in public transit you got a be sure… And I was sure. Anyway they were very sorry of course more eye rolling, the best is able to get this appointment tomorrow for 10:15 AM and of course the storms from the rolling tomorrow morning around 6 AM with rain on the valley floor and wind. It's okay I can do this. I just know my chair We will figure it out one where the other, my chair and I, were kind of a dual, where he goes I go and when he goes I go and so on and so forth…

No comments: