Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Zoom Zoom To Clinic

 



I'm always amazed when I find a system that really seems to work. I've become so cynical of governmental support programs for people who are disabled or low income or both. Finally, the day of my urology appointment has arrived. Remember, this appointment was set up about three weeks ago when I started having major problems with my ability to urinate in my whole life seem to be turned upside down? This was the urologist who was assigned to me on my first trip to the ER for the symptoms I was having. I had to having to appointments one to this guy way out and Sandy and then another appointment at the IHC facility that I can easily reach by catching a bus. Only problem was the IHC apartment was December 15 and the Sandy appointment was for today and I caved into the day-to-day appointment. The only reason I took the Sandy appointment was because it was a month ahead of the other and oddly enough I'm symptom-free of the problems I was having when the appointments are first set up.


I was encouraged to keep the appointment out of all to view urology clinic primarily to get myself established with the urologist who can begin to follow me when I need to have issues resolved in my urinary system. I was also encouraged to keep the appointment way down south and to utilize the Salt Lake County Senior transit system. I was a bit skeptical about the Salt Lake County offering but figured what the heck give it a try and I started the whole process of becoming part of that program. It's a bit lengthy but not as problematic as anticipated and they Are really great people to work with. The only drawback there is one that have to make your appointment at least a week ahead of schedule appointment with exact times and addresses – – which only makes sense – – essentially I have to be responsible. I did all this in today was my first ride.


My appointment was pretty late in the day not by design. So I just pretty much messed around the apartment after my morning B and B programs. I bled a lot which means I probably need to start making plans for another medical trip. My appointment was for 3 o'clock which means that I had to be ready for pickup anytime from 130 to 2 PM. I wish that remembered the make of the vehicle it was a small minivan but very nice and safe the driver was nice and we zipped right over to the clinic. The urology clinic was really busy I was surprised. I only had given myself and our for the ride home was scheduled and it took them almost 40 minutes to get to me. Luckily, I was no longer symptomatic I was feeling pretty good vitals were perfect and I had a short visit with the nurse practitioner named Brandy who I think is really good. She wrote me a script for more Cipro so on have backup prescription so that next time I start being symptomatic I can start the process hopefully be it down before but that's out-of-control like this last time. It was right at four clock when they finally turn me loose which was my pickup time and I just was afraid I was going to lose my ride but I ran into the driver just as I was leaving the office and take the elevator down the street level. He had a much larger vehicle in the first vehicle I came in. We had a great discussion and cruised home during rush-hour traffic but all it was a good day and a good ride I look for to use the guys again. I love it when something happens the way it's supposed to and everyone turns out happy…

No comments: