Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Holiday Ready

 








 It's Thanksgiving Eve. I don't know when people start referring to either Thanksgiving but now all they do. I heard it this evening on the local news it's a thing. I guess I'm all set for the day. I don't have any big plans per se. I think I've already talked about surrendering myself to the Salvation Army and whatever they plan to do for people such as I and many of the other residents here at the complex. Should be interesting. Over the last couple years when I've done my own Thanksgiving meal I have become exhausted just trying to prepare. First time I tried to do it all Thanksgiving morning this was a joke. Last year I started a couple days before hand and made different parts of the meal but still the bottom line was when I was done it was all me with a lot of leftovers and cleanup. This year decided to take the easy way out and I'm letting Salvation Army take the lead. I'm a little frustrated because I was still going to go across the street and hit the market before the holiday just so I would have treats in hand like I need them but still I think as part of my enjoyment of the holiday. Maybe some barbecue chips, donut I don't know just a fun things to eat. I did make it however because I was kind of stuck at home all day waiting for my wheelchair mechanic, Allen to show up. He could've made it yesterday morning but I had to be downtown at my Assist, Inc. meeting . So that was a no go but he said he could do it today and I believed him. Allen is pretty conscientious And he usually comes through. I don't know what happened I'm just sure he was overworked. I really don't plan on Anything tomorrow speak of So barring falling out of a my chair I should be okay And hopefully I'll see him on Friday morning art some point in time. But seriously, I don't need anything from the market for Thanksgiving. I have treats here at the house I really really want them. I have ice cream sandwiches and will cups of ice cream if I want to have a treat with an icing filled cookie sandwich cookie. I have putting in all kinds of cans of fruit Along with cottage cheese And I could also have great toast to go with my fruit and cottage cheese. Hopefully tomorrow I will score some pumpkin pie.. I could, if I really really wanted to, I could make a pie of got flour shortening table space cans of pumpkin and sugar.. I washed dishes this morning and the apartment is still pretty clean. Not that anyone's coming over but if they were I'm set.. I have the heat turned up at the blinds drawn I have operating link to my Internet as well as to my Netflix. Who could want anything more…?

No comments: