Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Long Day Medically Speaking

 



Yesterday would've been ideal. Weather was perfect for busing and getting around for a person in a power chair, but we sort win over that yesterday. So of course today the morning was cold, cloudy with light rain actually just virga just a few drops managed to hit the ground and very few actually hit me. Still it was uncomfortable. Add to that just a real challenge getting dressed this morning. I don't know what it is and of course I'm arguably my power chair make it difficult for me to dress. Luckily I did get up early enough that I was able to get my clothes on and make it to the bus on time to get over to the IHC Medical Center.


I was, probably myself because I was there a whole hour before I need to be. The only problem was I woke up with the feeling that I was in the middle of another bladder infection. I was having a whole issue of urge to urinate but not being able to. Then I remembered I had a whole bottle of Cipro that my new urologist scripted for me to be taken if I were to get another infection. I really did not give the situation much thought and started the new prescription. So, back at the doctor's office about 15 minutes before I was to have my appointment I went into the bathroom to see if I could squeeze out any urine before my appointment. Weird as it is I was able to manage the whole process but door was so heavy in the bathroom I could not open it. This is the first time I've had this problem with the door I could not open at the hospital. I've run into heavy doors before but not like this one and again I can blame it on my chair because I'm sitting so weirded the chair these days that any stress that I have like opening the door cause my whole body to spasm to the point where I start losing my shoes, wallet falls out I do start losing everything. I finally had to scream “help” when is able to open the door enough. Finally one of the front staff rescued me and got me into my exam room.


I knew I was going to have a resident at this appointment and this is good these kids have to train somewhere and I'm glad I can be part of their training process. However, they do get a bit tiresome. We went to the whole process however and in the and the attending (which totally surprised because it was Nathan Allred who is my regular internist did the evaluation). It was still kind of weird and kind of intimidating. After all the whole process was to get me referred over to a gastroenterologist or whatever profession it is that does the hemorrhoid repairs. The process is quite intimidating to me especially when they use the word surgery. But I guess the most productive idea that came out of the whole interview was that I would be referred over to whoever or whatever specially and will set up an appointment to fix these things. Also, it looks like going to be referred to physiatry as well. This individual supposedly will be able to help me with aspects of my chair which is not soon be working very well as well as my spasticity. We'll have to see. Before I left they provided me with “Mediterranean diet” options. They indicated that this should be the best thing for me diet was. I don't know why but this really rubbed me the wrong way.


Sadly, I did not feel very reinforced or positive living the appointment. I sort of got in trouble for starting the new regimen of Cipro because it clouds the actual problem I may have been having with my bladder infection – – if that's what it is. They would've rather die come in without any medication for the urges. They say when this happens again the call them immediately but last time I did I got an appointment two months out and this just won't do. I'm kind of looking forward to the appointment and hopefully getting the hemorrhoids fixed other than that however, I plan to live my life as I have been trying to enjoy each day as it comes…

No comments: