Monday, November 29, 2021

Redundancy, I know, but my chair is always on my mind

 



I really hate to bore you dear reader but a blog is a blog and these are the essentials of my life. Today, I waited all day for my technician to come to fix my chair or two at least assess it to find out if and how we can go about fixing the chair – – the power chair remember yesterday's photo? I really thought he would make strong efforts to work me into his day sense he knew I needed services before Thanksgiving and I was hoping to get some on Friday but he was off on Friday so for sure I thought today Allen would make time. Obviously he was up to his neck in alligators and I figured since the day was done and I was okay and I was surviving in my backup chair takes the stress off the lad and tell them to take the night off its try again tomorrow. I don't know if he appreciated the effort but I think he was ready to go home. Now I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm almost positive that nothing he can do except say “wow, that shares broken”. I'm sure then he'll say there's nothing he can do except tell the office of the officers set up a time when will come and take the chair and hopefully go through a process of identifying exactly what the chair needs and then return the chair until such time as those parts come in then take the chair again for the repair. I'm open this'll be relatively quick because as much as I love my backup chair it's an old chair and it's as crotchety and cranky as I am.


Now having dissed my backup power chair I have to say the chairs really done remarkably well this day. I even took across the street and did some quick shopping. I'm really hoping now that I'll be able to dress myself all right tomorrow, Tuesday, when all have no health support. I'm sure I can do it can't be any more difficult than trying to dress myself in the chair Sunday morning. At least I'm not a slide out I don't think – – that's another issue there is no safety restraint i.e. belt. I'm hoping I have parts of one that can be used to manufacture a safety restraint. Maybe, perhaps in the afternoon I might head down to UCAT and see if I get used Belt/restraint. I don't know if I dare because my butt seems to be getting a little tender. In fact I was totally impressed with Melissa/healthcare personnel who was able to slap some second skin right onto my butt where was getting tender. I'm totally impressed with this little kid probably too much so. Melissa is a lot of fun however and she certainly knows how to apply a second skin. Interestingly she knew how to do this because of her experience with tattooing. I guess tattoo artist use my second skin. Amazing.


I wrote letters today to three getting close to getting done so I'm going to have to take off to the bank soon again maybe tomorrow just because I need to get cash for my Christmas letters. It is not even December yet and I feel good that the letters are nearly finished. Perhaps, the letters will get me in the spirit a little more. That's okay, the weather is warm and dry perfect for traveling. But it's Christmas time we need the atmosphere to comply with the need.

No comments: