Monday, November 22, 2021

JFK Day – – Goodbye Mr. Bond

 





This is kind of weird, I think, that there's never really been a formal JFK day formatted or formulated or brought forth. JFK, an American president, gunned down and nothing truly are been done about the whole thing except spin off of a bunch of science fiction type programs/movies about the whole event. I guess nothing America likes better than the great mystery and are conspiracy. You know it's kind of strange as well that with the gunning down JFK that was sort of America's entry into the whole gun ownership thing as well as the end of American civility. Of course, that the politeness of America didn't die overnight became a little by little. I definitely think it started the day “the music died”. I'm not going to go on and on about this whole impolite American thing but it is sort of interesting think about sometimes.


Dianne and I had a date today what fun! I think I was so excited I didn't get much sleep. Now that neither of us drive were having to rely wholly off public transit which means a lot of personal planning which is cool or both adults we could do this. Today we met up at Murray central station and took the train down to 33rd in South state to the century 16 movie theaters. Kind of is the easiest theaters for both of us to get to. Of course I would've just assumed on to my theater just down the street but that's little more difficult for Dianne. As it is just a little bit of walking for her shingle write down State Street to train to the movies of back. We went pretty early in the day catching the 12:20 PM showing of No Time To Die The current James Bond offering. I guess I'm not surprised and a little distressed that Daniel Craig the current Bond , actually dies! I think I even knew this is a spread in the news are the entertainment news off and on. Not only does Bond die but is 007 is transferred to a new agent. A black female which I find very interesting as well as there's a a black Money Penny. They of course are both English which is kind of a hoot. I don't know what the Broccoli name is trying to come up with. What I thought was really interesting was that the franchise indicates, at the end of the movie credits, “bond will be back” now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure if the credit said Bond or 007. Interesting. There's no way that the current James Bond is survived the missile attack at the end of the movie but I guess we'll just have to stay tuned to see happens.


The movie was okay, marginal, perhaps the best part of the outing was going to the Amber Restaurant which is like this little out-of-the-way no-name restaurant that's always been there it seems. I remember going to this place years ago and I don't remember who with. The could have been up by second wife Denny but I doubt it but there is somebody I went with maybe a group of people I'm not sure but. It's certainly a blue-collar/working-class/senior type restaurant. The servers you like your they don't and if they do the kind of adoption immediately calling you “honey” making sure you get exactly what you want. Prices, high for what they offered but I think that's just restaurant/food in the current decade of this century. Perhaps the best part was killing time with Dianne in the name of a lunch waiting for the movies to start. We had thought about doing two movies today but were both glad that we did not one Bond film is enough vicarious action for one day for folks like us…

No comments: