Sunday, November 28, 2021

Old Chair Beware

 



Actually, I did not sleep poorly last night as I thought that I would. I was kind of worried about if I was going to be able to get up and get dressed in time for breakfast over Dee's restaurant, our standard go to for Sunday breakfast. Mark Anthony had texted me early in the evening (that I did not see till 11 o'clock or so p.m.) if I was up for breakfast and of course I was provided I could be addressed or whatever. I figure the worst-case scenario would be out how to have Mark Anthony dress me if I just cannot get dressed in the chair that seem to be failing me.


The chair continue to fall apart on me throughout the weekend. Now the right side would not stay fixed in its position. I think I found the finished breaking the plastic housing that was supposed to lock the arm in place. Now not only was the seat rocking back and forth the arm would not stay fixed in place as I tilted back to adjust my weight and dress and things of that nature. I was freaked out at 11 PM last night when getting ready for bed the right side arm fell off again like it did couple days ago in the morning and I had to go find someone to slide it back in place. I didn't know what I was going to do. I was naked sitting next to my bed which was about ready to tumble into bed , the right arm , The controller arm, Held in place only by the power cord! It was a challenge trying to drive my chair from a dis-articulated arm. Controller arm itself is very heavy and I'll surprised I was able lift up in my lap enough to actually drive the chair around. I thought I'd give it a shot and to my surprise I was able to slide the controller back into the arm of the chair. I was totally blown away. I tumbled in the bed and slept fairly well until morning which totally surprised me.


I woke up around 5 AM and just sort of laid there till 6 AM which I figured us enough time to get me dressed and ready for breakfast at 8 AM at the restaurant. I was frightened that the arm of the chair would come undone again was very cautious on my transfer but I made it even with the weird arm. I limped into the kitchen and warmed up some coffee then back to the bathroom to shave them totally focus on getting ready. I won't sugarcoat the experience it was difficult getting my leg crossed over the other leg put on my shorts and my shoe that I did it first the right leg bend the left and then finally leaning back in the chair and able to script the shorts over my hips. The process took 45 minutes roughly but I got the job done. I was ready by the time I need to get over to breakfast.


My granddaughter and her boyfriend joined us for breakfast the took off after we were done and Mark came over to the apartment to help out what needed to be done. The most important part was transferring me from my chair over to my backup chair. I'm a little worried because The backup chair has issues of its own in the cushion does not seem to give me the protection to my butt but I need. But I'll go through the process tomorrow oh: in trying to get the repair guy over to fix my chair my new chair until we can figure out what are going to do with it. At least, this is what my vision is I don't know what his is and I don't know what the company says really frustrated. So this is a picture of the new fast becoming old chair you can see where I've totally destroyed the poor thing. I don't plan on going anywhere the next couple of days which is okay. I might be okay until spring when those. I just need a chair in the cushion that will allow me to live and do the things I need to do to get by with my life…

No comments: