Thursday, November 04, 2021

Confession

 



Years ago, I know, I wrote about Thursday's but perhaps more specifically Thursday nights about how much I enjoyed the day before Friday. I like the idea of stretching the weekend by a day and a half or whatever account Thursday afternoon on as. So I guess I'm still in that mode. Thursday night television is the only thing other forward to watching the whole week! In the old days it was Mork and Mindy, Hill Street blues, of course Seinfeld and a bunch of other shows in between. Now it's Young Sheldon and some 30 minute sitcom about ghosts which I find pretty entertaining a number of different levels. Perhaps more than anything however it still the day before Friday and even in my retirement Fridays are special the real beginning of the weekend.


Today I went to the market, first time this week actually, I want specifically for red meat something that would help me build blood cells since I'm begin to feel possibly a bit anemic. ReallyI cannot be losing this much blood and be okay – – but I feel just great in many ways, aside from the bladder thing. Earlier in the morning I even attended coffee social and it was a pretty good gathering the best part was for the first time in months the action purchased real donuts. One of the participants is really into making homemade cinnamon rolls but you know really unless you were a cafeteria cook and some junior high school somewhere the Makes cinnamon rolls a home. The end up being just bread dough stuffed with cinnamon and glazed with icing. I don't mean to be critical but sometimes you just want a real donut with your coffee at 9:30 AM on a Thursday morning.


Confession time. Today I was Cleaning off the table and I came across my election ballot! I DID NOT VOTE!!. Across my mind a couple times on election Tuesday that this was the elections but it was the in between years and I wasn't really up on them anyway – – not that that's the excuse it is not – – but I have to admit I didn't really care much either. Might want to call it political blahs or whatever. The 5 o'clock news has been reporting on just such a phenomenon brought about by the pandemic, war and rumors of war, and the political nightmare recall American politics. The kind of makes one just not care about the important stuff like voting even on the in between years. But I never used to be that way perhaps I can blame it on age but that's really a bit of a copout sometimes a copout is all you've got.


So now I've got a voting ballot taking space on my kitchen table Wishing it'd been used for its intended purpose and then later destroyed with all its brothers and sisters In the shredding room I suppose located somewhere in the government complex to hide the capital building where the lieutenant governor reigns supreme and I just have to deal with voters guilt until the next polling season…



















No comments: