Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Some Thing's Missing

 



After being thwarted for approximately 5 days my technician guy, Allen finally was able to get by today to look at my chair. Actually, I'm doing pretty good in the back of chair surprisingly so. It seems like there is something wrong with this chair when I use it the last couple of times and the only thing I can think of, or that I see is the seatbelt. I only have one side of the restraint. Somehow I lost the bolt on the other side but I still have the restraint part I just need to find a working bolt. Aside from that however the chair seems to working just fine. I'm a little concerned about the pressure is put it on my buttocks but with Melissa's, my home healthcare person, application of the “second skin” I seem to be riding just fine, In fact so find that I decided to finally taken the movies. I missed a couple that I really want to see that finally be was able to see the Ghostbusters sequel if that's what this is the sequel or a hold other concept. The movie was actually better than I anticipated and I was able to use my new system at the movies. So far sooner gotten screwed over. Is that $18 a month program that allows you to see all the movies you want free of charge and as many times as you want. I have not been getting out or there have not been the movies I want to see until lately. Today was the first time I actually used it and it worked really great certainly gives you the illusion that you're seeing these movies free. Now I just got to make the time. Because it is now 8:00 PM which is really late for writing my blog. I just finished my arm bike workout from seven till eight so you can tell I'm squishing all these things together and having to do this because I chose to go to the movies and the movie started Seating At 1:30 PM and I didn't get home till about 4:30 PM. And I use my time in the morning to wash clothes, pay rent and silly things like that. I try to squeeze in the daily regulars like working out in my writing earlier in the day and not so chaotic and haphazard try to get things done before my witching hour of 10 PM.


But back to my chair. As you can see from the days image there is a gaping hole, next to my arm bike, to where my backup chair used to sit and where I put the broken chair to await Allen's decision. As I figured he would be, Allen was amazed at the condition of my chair. It really did appear as if the seat portion of the chair was hanging on by just sheer luck. The bolt was still in place think goodness had I lost that I feel I would've tumbled out onto my head. I also pointed out other aspects of the chair which did not seem to be functioning as well. There was nothing he could do as far as an on-site repair so I finally caved in after about 20 or 30 minutes and just took the whole chair away with him back to the shop so they could at least “tighten” the key in important bolts and nuts or whatever. I hope this meant that the chair would be coming back to me relatively soon. As much as I badmouth the chair I have to admit I've gotten used to some of the key features primarily the elevator function and how I live my life. It really has become key to extending my level of independence by using my upper cupboards as well as putting quarters in the washing machines and being able to reach things at the supermarket. I am a consumer I must admit.


I'm just pleased as punch that this backup chair is everything that I wanted to be as far as I have to survive in a chair let it be the chair that I used for the last five years before I got the new one…

No comments: