Thursday, November 18, 2021

Reddit, Unfulfilled Coffee, No Mush Today

 



I'm so frustrated sometimes at my inability to really understand technological stuff. Case in point I been trying to figure out how to post images to a Reddit account. I mean, come on, teenagers are doing it right and left. And other folks also seem to have very little problem at all getting themselves up on the Reddit account. It looked straightforward enough when I started not even got registered all that kind of stuff but when it went the actually posting it won't let me. I seem to be doing something wrong. I struggled with a day or so now I'm asked to trying talk to the moderators to see if they can talk me through the process. I just can't believe I am this dense.I'm almost afraid however that whatever moderator I get is going to be a snarky little Techie that hasn't the time understanding help senior get on the account.


And it's not like I'm spending my whole day on this project – – but I could – – I just spent about an hour and a half. The only other fulfilling task I've done today has been shoring up the coffee klatch. That was some fulfilling. I keep showing up at these things think I'm going to come away with some sort of fortified feeling of acceptance and socialization but it never happens just get a feeling of lackluster at best and at worst an emptiness of “what am I doing here?”. I like the idea so much that I look forward to the meeting every Thursday morning and sit in the same spot visiting the same people. I know I should change my point of view but I don't think I want a point of view for many the other folks at the coffee group. Could be the holiday season as well. We are now a week away from Thanksgiving in law these old folks are talking about will be spending the holiday. I'm not going anywhere, I never do I don't have a way to even if I was invited out. My neighbor across the hall to talk about getting our little Salvation Army Thanksgiving dinner trays and coming together and having our own little Thanksgiving at her apartment. It's not be kind of Traditionally she's gone to her granddaughters– – But the granddaughters recently married which is caused a social quake all up and down her traditional line. She's on her own for Thanksgiving dinner since the newlyweds are going to the grandparents on “his” side of the family. If my neighbors lucky and lives long enough maybe next year will be her turn for the family feast.


Speaking of feast, remember I got paperwork about the Mediterranean diet from my visit with the internist yesterday? One of the big deals on this diet is oatmeal mush for breakfast which is okay. I like oatmeal mush I can say that now is an adult. So last night as I was wandering around stopped in at the sharing shelf and there was a whole pile of oatmeal cups, you know just add hot water there you go. This morning I decided to try it out. I even made toast go with the mush. I put new water in the teapot brought it to a boil added it to the dry oatmeal and then waited for the mandatory to three minutes obit longer since I had to finish the toast out of the toaster oven and apply butter. I cannot tell you how dismayed I was at the first couple of bites of this mush it was the worst stuff I'd ever tasted. It kind of tasted like oatmeal, like old stale oatmeal. Don't know how long these cups of Of languished in somebody's closet until they find decide to clean things out – – or worst maybe one of the residents died in somebody else cleaned out the closet – – either way these things should have been thrown away probably, literally, years ago which I'm about ready to head out to do now. This is my new policy through everything out without doubt when you don't know how long it's been around…
















No comments: