Sunday, November 21, 2021

Sunday Surprise

 



It has not been a half bad Sunday. Any time I can spend with kids especially a granddaughter and going up breakfast is a great day. Remember, last week we didn't go out because Mark Anthony was in

Salem DJing daughter's wedding. But today it was back to breakfast is normal at Dee's family restaurant. Today was the three of us Jasmine, Mark Anthony and me all sitting around the table, drinking coffee and acting fairly normal as these things go. It's always great to catch up with Jasmine. There's just something invigorating about being close to adolescent and their lifestyle. Just seems to be go go go reaching for adulthood. Sometimes I wish I could slow it down but know that's impossible. But we caught up. Mark Anthony is busy as ever in Jasmine with school as well as her job at the restaurant – – the upscale restaurant out in Harriman. And I of course, had to bring them up on my week or whatever. My visits to the emergency room and to the doctors offices and finally getting on top of the illness I seem to have at least one infection. All caught up life goes on.


I was kind surprised because we didn't do the Russian broadcast this morning. Mark was just too busy trying to catch up with everything he missed as a result of his sister's wedding. He did however come back the apartment with me and did some cleaning which I deeply appreciated. I have still not located a permanent cleaning person but with marks labor and hopefully his friends all have a livable environment which I will feel good about.


In my new fervor of trying to keep things cleaned out. I was going through my freezer the other day when I was putting away some Marie Calendarss pot pies, And came across a fourth of a bag of chicken meatballs which I acquired one day a few months ago from the food bank across the street. I don't mean to be complaining, and I'm not just the fact, a lot of the food bank food tastes a little funny for one reason or another. I was kind of excited about these chicken meatballs in fact I made spaghetti sauce with them but the just tasted a little off taste necessarily bad they just had, funny aftertaste. I actually ate most of those meatballs the sauce and spaghetti and I guess you could almost characterize it as choking them down but I ate them. Now, the same second meatballs of been residing in the freezer for at least six months if not a year. The meatballs were not necessarily freezer burned but there is certainly a lot of frost on the balls and I really wanted to throw them away… And I almost did. However, I nuked one of them and tasted them and they weren't necessarily bad and they weren't necessarily good but they were palatable enough to choke down which meant I could not throw them away. I emptied the whole rest of the bag onto a paper plate through them into the Nuker When radiated the little suckers for five minutes. In a cause I flash of brilliance I figured why not bathroom and one of the new frying pans opened up a can of mushroom soup as will assist small can of mushrooms and put them to simmer in hopes the flavor would dissipate as the meatballs flawed and hopefully took on the flavor of the mushroom soup, canned mushrooms and yes I also threw in a couple tablespoons of sour cream. It seemed right. I simmered them for about a half-hour and tried them. The people texture is weird their spongy almost rubbery but they are edible and the canned mushroom soup and a couple tablespoons of sour cream can hide a lot of sins. I took a few output amendable unethical sprinkle Chinese noodles on top and try to make a meal out of it. Then up with the rest of the plastic container and throw it in the refrigerator in hopes that I might ingest more chicken meatballs this Thanksgiving week. Sadly, I think the meatballs will experience a slow death and in two weeks I'll throw the whole kit In caboodle into the dumpster behind the house…

No comments: