Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Waif On The Train

 



I could've had my power chair looked at today. I made contact with my technician who's been sick the last couple of days but now sounds like he's bounced back. I'm a little worried that I'm contacting him too much about this chair but seriously the chair is really just falling apart. I have not had the chair that long – – the dedicated reader knows this – – and I'm actually worried that the chair might fall apart with me in it somewhere I will not be able to get assistance if I need to. So, I did put call In the Allen today and he got back to me immediately because I thought a good sign. Sadly however, he could've met with me had I not chosen, instead, to sign off on work projects for Assist, Inc. which I do usually on Tuesday mornings. So hopefully tomorrow, the day before Thanksgiving, we can meet and maybe if nothing else can just eyeball the problems are currently having with the chair and hopefully make some adjustments that will get me through until we can figure out what we can do in the long run for this piece of junk.


It was a nice day to travel, much like yesterday, the sun was out and the temperature felt a lot warmer than it was Allowing me to be out on the track system riding the train. I guess I could've put this in the preceding paragraph since the problem is dealing with my weird chair. I'm having more and more difficulty doing the things I do every day and one of them is dressing myself which I do four days a week when I don't have attendant care. As I've indicated, the chair is now wobbly which, frightens me because for me to dress myself I have to constantly adjust the leaning factor space of my chair. That is I motive the chair back to an almost flat position and at times with the foot section a little elevated so I can bridge high enough in the chair lift my butt so I can pull my shorts up. Because the right side of my chair seems to be most affected gravity pulls my whole body to the right which also causes my right leg to spasm forward. Sometimes I feel I'm actually going to spasm myself right off the chair. So, what does this have to do with The train ride? Well, I have to get to the train of certain time and if it takes so long for me to dress because of the chair be in so weird I'm in constant stress of worrying that I'm going to lose or miss my ride. Today, I had no problems and I feel blessed. Hopefully tomorrow, Allen will be able to tighten things up and make me feel a little safer until we can do a major overhaul of this hunk of junk.


What I thought was interesting today was as I rode the tracks into my meeting there was this little waif of a person she was sitting on a lunch pail or something which I thought was interesting but she was all curled up almost in the fetal position and stayed in that position all the way to her stop. She just looked pitiful I I hoped her day got better…

No comments: