Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Pillow Talk

 



I was pleased today gotten a little sleep during the night but more importantly the cold front that moved in during the evening was pretty weak and broke apart and most of the raining that was going to happen Had already happened and the outside was relatively warm and I had no compunction of heading out to jump on the bus to head into the city for my 11 o'clock meeting. I did dress up in my big jacket, not my biggest jacket but maybe my second biggest jacket but certainly made me feel like it was winter but I also knew I would have protection in case I got caught by a wayward raincloud that wasn't done weeping.


On my way past one busstop I noticed behind the garbage can a perfectly good pillow. The pillow looked like the kind that would that would fall out of somebody's arms while they are on the run/walk away from some kind of trauma. Maybe a little kid is been kicked out of the house with his mother or a spouse who's been kicked out of the house for whatever reason and was sitting at the bus stop waiting for the next bus to take her to the shoulder and unbeknownst to her this perfectly good pillow fill out and is now gathering rain. Had I not been in a hurry to get to my meeting I would've considered fishing out the pillow and drying it out and played it to some good use. That's kind of a weird/creepy thing to do I understand but still a perfectly good pillow. Yes I know you never know who's slobbers on the pillow, or tears or whatever. All I knew I was in getting the problem today that's for sure. The pillow was there when I came back from my Assist meeting from downtown and by that time I wanted to do was go straight to my apartment shut the doors turn up the heat and work, letterwriting project which is basically done. I just have to drop the letters in the post tomorrow and I'll be done for another month.


I don't know why lies exhilarated to get out and onto the bus smiling that people without masks and trying to communicate with those that did have masks with only their eyes showing. It wasn't a zippy due to our day but I really enjoyed being out writing the system buses and trains and seeing all the weird folks that inhabit the transit system. All things considered that was a good transit day. I got the buses I needed, the trains are on time I made my meeting sign my documents and even stopped at Taco Time on the way home.I even stopped at the bank I got cash and wash quarters. It's not that I didn't have the cash in quarters of home I just wanted sure I'm doubly covered if and when the system falls. I know they'll be grade inflation and the paper money I like to have stashed away will be worthless, more worthless though already has still however it gives me solace to have this, however small, hedge against the economics monster but still praise upon the station in the world for that fact… Can you tell I'm dancing for words I finally got the 500 are needed…

No comments: