Thursday, January 13, 2022

Aftermath

 

Thursday morning, I'm laying in bed almost making the decision not to go the coffee klatch this week and maybe never again. I'm just not getting anything out of these attempts at socialization. Don't think as a thing to do with me being the only male at the the coffee group just a lot of hubbub and they don't even have real donuts. I'd slept poorly all evening mostly my fault I have a sensor on the side of my chair it is actually a switch which turns on my chair's night running lights. The switch is pretty sensitive and each time I turn in to my chair during the night it switches the lights on. If I rock the better certainly I can turn them off with certainly doesn't do anything for sleep. So anyway, I'm checking my bank statements on my mobile banking system and see that there been $86 charge to my bank card! This of course answer the question of whether I was going to coffee clutch are not. Long story short is I could not call the bank until 9 AM at which time and after significant hold I talked to a nice young woman who helped me stop payment on my cards essentially shutting them down. She gave me the strong suggest that if I were to go down to the bank I would be able to get new cards immediately and not have to wait for the new cars to be mailed out and of course this is what I wanted to do.


Salt Lake the socked in with an inversion right now. The date actually looks nice sunshine almost springlike but once again, getting out in the elements it's a bit chilly however today I wrapped my legs and my red blanket and grabbed my black woolly for my shoulders and back and off I went to the bank. The long-distance just complicated and you have to wait for a bit but eventually I picked up the right bus and got quickly to the's institution of my savings. It was midmorning no surprises nobody else at any of the service Windows. We got a nice young man who basically told me that because I did not have access to proper identification I would not be able get cards replaced today but he did start the process. However he informed me that I could take out $100 a day until my new cards arrived and that's okay with me. That's what I was worried about most. However, I had forgotten that my pharmacy card, insurance cards as well as my Social Security card and photo ID was also in the wallet. I'm just praying that whoever charge the money on the card at the local Walmart maybe (wallet somewhere that'll get turned in. That's almost too much to wish for but let's keep our fingers crossed.


The only positive turn I can put on this whole ordeal is that whoever grabbed my wallet went over to the Walmart across the street from the moviehouse and charged $86 worth of whatever. I'm hoping that it was food for a family that really needed it. I keep coming back to the fact there were three people in the theater when I left counting me. One old guy up in the upper section of the theater who I could not see coming even close to where I was sitting in bed the little guy standing in the doorway who comes in and cleans up after the movies. He's the one who had to seeing the wallet. Is not a native English speaking person when I tried to talk to him about what I needed or wanted. He looked a little cagey but I'm trying not to be too judgmental. I certainly wouldn't want to get him fired or anything so I really haven't pushed the issue. But there just weren't a lot of culprits are possibilities in that room when I left and of course there was nobody there when I got back. The place was swept clean. Perhaps the lesson here is this is what happens when you go to the movies the middle of the day…

No comments: