Friday, January 14, 2022

Almost There…




I think I do pretty good at living on my own independently. Surprised at how significant independence is in my life. I don't think it necessarily is tied into my disability to lessor feel the same as I did before my accident as near as I can tell but the that's been 50 some years ago. I think about my independence all the time especially since I got the new chair. I believe I've gone over the problem with the new chair number of times far is it not having the handholds or grab bars that the villagers seemed to have which helped me essentially live with it particular getting up in the mornings. Going to bed using our problem getting up I really need assistance pulled myself to where I can transfer into my chair. So the point I'm making is that for the most part I spend my life trying to think it's set up my life that I can do what I need to get done by myself and I usually get away with it however not so this evening


It's Friday so that means my home health person, Gloria, is in today to do the dirty deed in the morning today she was going to do $20 worth of housekeeping. That's basically one hour. What she does I've noticed, which is pretty interesting to me, is that she tends to need $20 at the end of each pay period and ordered for her to have enough gas to get through to pay time. I can remember just how close those days were trying to eke out enough money to survive. It's kind of funny depending on who your home healthcare person is. My other home health people have just automatically cleaned my apartment while they waited for me as part of the hour that they spend with me. Not so Gloria, and I do not fault her. Today however I felt I really got my $20 worth it only did she clean up the kitchen area but Gloria also spent a good amount of time in the bathroom getting my sink area cleaned up. As part of her cleaning routine she also sweeps the floors in the rooms of the apartment. I don't know how it out know if she somehow todaypulled the cord for my here out of the wall.


Salt Lake is currently suffering an inversion. Cold air is trapped at the bottom of the valley. Even though the sun shines out it looks nice very warm but it is not in fact it's pretty cold. Luckily, today was the first day that I didn't go anywhere out of the apartment's. I should of I desperately need celery and some soy sauce. But I elected to stay in and because the sunshine in the apartments I guess it warms the apartment pretty well and I hadn't thought about turning on the heater until later on in the afternoon when I tried nothing happened. I use the heater last night and it was working fine but now the kind of panic not knowing what could've happened. Then I took a breath and decide logically go through the system will ensure enough tracing the plug I found out that something or someone had pulled the plug from the wall. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me but the plug-in for the heater is in the wall behind the bookshelf which holds my flatscreen. And there's no way I can get back there to plug it in myself. It's the way the plug is resting on the shelf I tried to get a stick long enough to see if I can push it forward into the socket to no avail. I'm going to have to get somebody to monkey around and reach in their plug in their. It's not a big deal and I probably gotten addicted to evening heat beasting but it would sure be nice to have this plugged in. Some of us hoping to get Ted the maintenance guy here but of course he's gone and this is the beginning of a three-day weekend. My best option is probably going to be Mark Anthony if he comes over and we go to breakfast on Sunday morning. I suppose I could call my brother Carl, Mark Anthony or cousin or something but it seems way out of any of their neighborhoods to come over for so little plug-in. I'll just rough it for a couple days and hopefully see Mark on Sunday. But like I said I'm not complaining overall I did pretty damn good being independent…

No comments: