Thursday, January 20, 2022

Changing Of The Guard

 



I was really hoping my new credit cards would come today. It's been a week now but alas no credit card today. I thought about going up to the credit union to get in another hundred bucks – – kind like I talked about yesterday but beside the hold off until tomorrow, Friday and see what happens with the mail then. Once again I don't need the cash right off except it's comforting to have cash on hand for any emergencies that might arise. It's just strange how in the old days people are so suspicious of the credit card concept in cash was the way to go now it's just the reverse. I think would be easier for me to order a pizza at 10:30 PM with a credit card or bank card as opposed to cash. But still I love to have folded money either in my backpack or in my money book hidden away in my bookshelf. I think I've ranted on the concept before that more more stores are beginning to take only plastic. I still don't know if that's illegal with what's written on currency. It's certainly a way to punish people who are low income, minorities and other groups of folks who would have a hard time qualifying for plastic. It's just so obvious how can they refuse authentic currency?


Anyway, I was about ready to suit up for the trip over to the credit union the polls cash when I remembered that it was the farewell social four supports service person Ann. She has been the support coordinator since I've been here and thank goodness of only had a user once or twice but she was supportive and knowledgeable about my questions and helpful to me during my transition phase. It's kind of weird to see her go. I was kind of surprised to find out should only been with the organization about seven years. Ann's placement is a much younger version of Ann a person named Rochelle was also Spanish-speaking which make a big difference, I think, and services to many of the consumers in this building and other buildings she may be attached to. I mean Rochelle is really young compared to other staff and will be real interesting to see how she transitions into support services here at the building. I will probably continue to keep a low profile as I always do. Enjoying my days hunkered down away from the pandemic. I really hope a spring comes on the pandemic will lighten up and make getting out about much easier and less dangerous. Crossing my fingers that no variants arise that could deal the deadly sucker punch which could very well take me out. I don't think I'm being hypochondriacal either. Luckily I had the two shots in the booster when I contracted Covid and what I experienced are very well can understand how I would've been a goner but I not been so involved in taking care of myself and luckily been able to access the resources are needed.

No comments: