Monday, January 17, 2022

MLK day 2022 Please Pass The Frank



It's Martin Luther King Day today. That makes it a federal holiday no bail, nobody at the front office, everybody off work who seems to work for state federal and private nonprofit organizations who aren't racists. Supposedly the bus system is running on Sunday schedule – – whatever that means – – that's what the driver told me yesterday when I took the bus to the movies. Because the government offices are closed today I am just a sort of hanging out in cooking. I actually took a frozen package of chicken that I got from the food bank probably more than a year ago. The little section on the package said best used by July 20 20 Which Is Way past its use date but seems be cooking up okay. I got a stalk of celery

or a bunch of celery whichever you prefer I found that both are correct and I wanted to make Frank for a long time. Last week when I was still feeling the effects of the Covid one of my neighbors here at the complex gave me a chicken breast wrapped in tin foil. It was very nice but I want to save the chicken breast for Frank and today I used it. The frozen chicken turned out very well to. Added both together it's much more protein than I usually use my make this dish. But I spent a good time mincing up garlic's, onions and celery. It took quite a while that was a bit messy which kind of bummed me out since Gloria did such a great job cleaning the kitchen on Friday. I'll just have to deal with it clean up a little bit before she gets her on Wednesday morning. I guess I could've gone out and done something even if just going to the market. I probably would've if I had my bank card and credit card. But since I'm operating on cash I decided it be best to just stay in until tomorrow when I can INFUSE another hundred dollars from the Branch when it opens again. I really hope my cards come in this week.


Does anyone know why I cannot find any bottles of La Choy soy sauce? I have gone to to stores searching for the soy sauce. Perhaps tomorrow I'll had up to Walmart and feel they have at as long as I'm going to be there about the fraudulent use of my bank card last week. I did pick up a small bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce which is okay just a little too sweet for me. I can use it during a pandemic bowed much rather have the other. The other seems much more salty. I'm sure the Kikkoman will be just fine on my rice and vegetables tonight. Perhaps LaChoy is a victim of the pandemic and all the backed up boats out in the ocean. Can you believe and going on and on about soy sauce? Obviously I'm one of those ugly Americans who has way too much money and spent his time worrying about ineffectual soy sauce. Because quite frankly Frank is a dish is good just by itself the soy sauce is just an afterthought…


No comments: