Thursday, January 06, 2022

Really Sick

 


Seriously, I really thought I would be showing signs of improvement by now. The last time I checked I still have not gotten results of my Covid test. I'm trying not to get to judgmental or whatever as I know everybody short-staffed I mean I listen to NPR as well as local news reports nice poses is what it means waiting to get your notification that your either pariah Armature okay within normal limits like to have just a bad cold? Don't get me wrong I don't want Covid or Omericon I just want to know what I've got and if and when I will start feeling better. Right now when I'm not coughing (I just took some medication) I'm trying to swallow. Every time I try to swallow the left side of my throat is racked with pain. Not trying to be melodramatic – – well maybe a little – – but I can't swallow really specially for something like tomato juice, orange juice or anything else that somewhat acidic which I believe is helpful. I feel sleepy but I don't know if that's waking up multiple times during the night are is the drugs that I'm taking. But mainly the sore throat. I will takes more ibuprofen with few limits and see if that will get me through the late afternoon or early evening . I may even just go to bed early and hope for the best.


It's Thursday which means traditionally I attend the Coffee Group. I've almost decided to stop attending just because there's really nothing there for me. I suppose I can spend my time and better ways. Interesting to note Anne, the social worker type, has just been diagnosed with Covid! I don't think she spread anything just interested. Anyway, the group is at 9:30 AM. Today I was still in bed at that time and my neighbor across the hall, Billie was concerned came knocking on my door. She was more than concerned. Now all morning I been thinking of getting up and making some chicken soup., I totally believe in the enduring myth of chicken soup. Yesterday afternoon, I think – – time is lost all relevance, I got ingredients for fast chicken soup: one deep-fried chicken breast from the deli, one onion (yellow). I had everything else that I needed at home. When I told Billie what I had planned she said that she would do it so I told her for the chicken was heard the door closing she was gone for my homemadechicken soup.. A few minutes later I heard a door open with sound like my neighbors and then I happened to notice the red car pass window. She came back 30 minutes later with a bucket of mashed potatoes and gravy and a bottle of orange juice. Potatoes and gravy were still hot from the deli I did appreciate that an agent teaspoonfuls drank half of the bottles of juice. Decided I would still work with the idea of making chicken soup but not today. And that's the days gotten on I'm gotten worse. I should just go back to bed but that's too frightening for me because that means I would have to get up again and I can only do that once a day. That could be stinking thinking but I blame it on the virus.


I have a carton of orange juice, the last half potatoes and gravy which I plan to use tonight. I may even devour the chicken breast and then use just chicken from the cans I have stored up. Go to get better I know that now just had convinced myself…

No comments: