Friday, January 28, 2022

Flaky Friday

 


Was a good day. I finally got the gumption up and perhaps the courage to venture out back out to the public. The days are still quite brisk but there's no clouds, but lots of sunshine gives me the illusion of a coming spring.I felt that better get across the street for some provisions for the weekend. I know I could make it with whatever I had the apartment but I felt like I needed something new. Some meat products to get me through the evening and days.


I went to our little market across the street I mean it thinks it's a big market the name like Macy's but I simply have a hard time keeping items on their shelf sometimes. It's not like the 5 o'clock news with pictures of Moscow or other areas were pandemic is been severe but it's just annoying not be able to get what you think you deserve and need. I'm still searching for the La Choy soy sauce. I can't hang the blame entirely on Macy's because I've not been able to find it anywhere in Salt Lake that I've looked. I have this image of cases of the soy sauce sitting on a container ship out in the Pacific or Atlantic or wherever the big backup is. I guess these are just our times and we have to be patient. I'm surviving with Kikkoman sauce. It's a little sweet but doable. The meat products I got report would questionable but two different kinds of beef franks/dogs and some dollar store lunchmeat a.k.a. spam knockoffs. I don't know how good these are but they cost a dollar each and I figure it's worth the crapshoot. If nothing else and their similar in flavor to spam it will be worth it… Open hole can spam just to make a few eggs or McMuffin knockoffs. But like I said meat to get through the weekend. Two kinds of crackers and frozen meat pies one of my dirty little secrets. The little fat bombs but very tasty and nice to be able to pull out of the freezer and be eating and then five minutes. There are sales summary $.79 apiece which is a deal. I even got cookies restocked my supply of vegetable juice and in short maybe feel comfortable and safe for whatever the weekend might bring. I'm still waiting to hear back from the neighbor who intimated that she would be interested in possibly sharing a Domino's pizza this weekend which sounds like it could be fun but I have to admit I'm half tempted to take the bus down to State Street and check out again the Rusted-Sun for either calzone or pepperoni pizza. Actually, I have half a pack of pepperoni's but I still to use. To round out my shopping experience I even got three cans of jalapeno peppers. Probably way more than I needed but like I said when you're shopping for security you can have enough.


I paid for everything with my new credit card. I'm so proud of myself I made it there and back again without losing my wallet. I'll be hypervigilant for the next 6 to 8 months and probably get lax again I hope not. I don't think I could stand going through another wallet loss…



No comments: