Monday, January 31, 2022

It's A Sticky Thing

 


I use this image on yesterday's blog just because because I guess I was somewhat desperate for any image that was even remotely close to the content. However, I really wanted to use the image for a blog regarding sticky surfaces. I don't know that just me but it seems like I can do everything in my power to keep from touching something sticky because once I do the stickiness seems to totally encapsulate my being. I know that sounds a little over the top but it seems true. There's nothing you can do once the stickiness starts except to get something totally out of that universe.


As I indicated yesterday we had a great breakfast at D's restaurant just up the street from my apartment. We been going there every weekend now for almost a year which really been a great experience as far as hanging out with family. I have really kept myself from eating things that need syrup because of the stickiness problem. I do this for two or three months then suddenly I weaken and think that I'm responsible enough that I can eat something with a high (stickiness) quotient and not have to pay the price of being tacky for the rest of the day or even until I have to shower again to finally get the sticky substance off. But I've noticed the last couple weeks I've been ordering pancakes and I should know better but I continue to do so. I try to do different methods of eating pancake without getting sticky. One of course is the use of real butter I can take up hot pancake straight from the grill spread butter on it then eat it like toast. Actually quite good aside from giving a little bit of slippery butter on your fingers is not too bad to clean up afterwards. I've actually even started using my fork and cutting a piece of pancake off and dipping it into the syrup container. When the order pancakes at D's syrup comes as a side in little plastic tubs. Usually they're open so you don't have to take the top off quite convenient for dipping the pancake in and if one is totally careful and not get to generous about how much syrup is on the fork of pancake I might be able to get out of that meal without being sticky too sticky. I must warn you however I must remain hypervigilant and not get carried away because nothing is worse than having one or two drops of syrup on your sweater apparently that is just sticky enough to be tacky every time your hand moves across the the fabric coated with the syrup. Yesterday I was doing pretty good until I went to reach for my coffee and knocked my fork into the syrup and that was it I didn't dare do anything until I could resolve the issue. I don't remember if it was Mark Anthony or Jasmine who reached over and grabbed a set of utensils from the table next to us and pulled me out a new fork which pretty much did the trick. The other table being the other universe. There was the big idea but allowed me to enjoy the last of my pancake syrup stick free for the rest of the day…

No comments: