Friday, January 21, 2022

Fun Friday

 


I can't believe how cold it was this morning. Oh, it wasn't that cold it just seemed cold maybe because I was forewarned by my health staff this morning, Gloria. Wednesday I actually told Gloria that I dated her to come early if she could because I had a meeting at 11 AM. Yes, it was the assist meeting are traditionally have on Tuesdays. That didn't happen this week and Andreas want to have the meeting on Friday which I didn't think much of the time. But since Friday is one of my home health days no way of getting the house anytime before 9:30 AM and 90 minutes just is not make it when trying to get to the bus, train and then to the office for my 11 o'clock meeting. Knowing this, when Gloria came this morning I didn't do anything to hasten our time together. I could probably shave 15 to 10 minutes off my home health experience this morning but I didn't. I really tried but there just does not seem to be away to make that trip in 90 minutes.


I was about 15 minutes late for the start of the meeting which actually did not start until Caroline got to the meeting which was another 15 minutes. So I was good which is good enough for me. We rammed through the names with Andrea's efficiency None of the immaculate detail with which David would've addressed problem is you the poor consumer would've exhibited and then we signed the document. Now it's just a breeze through the signature were off to the next. I'm adapting, it's what I do best. So the meeting was quick for more than one reason. Once we got the signed documents all the way under is actually wanted meeting of the volunteers to discuss ideas for increasing the programs visibility within the Salt Lake City Limits. It seems are not getting enough Salt Lake City folks wishing for services. The five this kind of hard to believe since we signed so many documents for the Salt Lake group but they want ideas we can give them ideas. We got assignments at the end of this ad hoc meeting mine is to contact Utah transit Authority to see about some free advertising Salt Lake City buses. I noticed on the way home that the boards which are traditional points of advertisement on the inside of the bus didn't seem to be on the new buses. So I don't know how we might do this but I well go through the effort to contact what few folks I still have as contacts at the transit authority to see what they can come up with. I'm not holding my breath for much of anything. The idea I continue to promote is to have Jason (the director) or Andrea's who's over Emergency Housing, is to be interviewed on local media channels weather radio or television. These for profit ventures need to have some sort of response to the needs of the community usually served through private nonprofit entities like assist, Inc. These interviews are kind of a joke because these shows are usually on late-night weekends or early early mornings like four or 5 AM. It's like something these private entities can show that they are working for and did need to the public trust. I'm not sure what that means but it sounded kind of good.


Were going to meet again I think next Thursday morning (which should be really good for me since I don't have my shower etc. in the morning on Thursdays). The only drawback for a Thursday morning meeting was that I would have to miss coffee klatch of this might be a great reason for doing exactly that…okay

No comments: