Sunday, January 30, 2022

Cliché

 



I was actually somewhat productive today that's a good thing. Not only did I have breakfast with my son and granddaughter but I also got a good start on my kid letters for the month. I think I got about half of the done today. So was able to watch James Bond with little or no guilt – – “shaken not stirred”. I'm actually watching the latest James Bond offerings which offers a Bond on the edge. I'm not sure I really enjoy this one is much as the original – – but I'm an old guy that way and nothing as good as the original. Daniel Craig wears me out in his man out of control depiction of 007. Maybe I'm just old.


Regarding my productivity really is not a lot I will do on Sunday, it's a throwback to my religious upbringing and trying to keep the day is holy as possible. It's hard to write James Bond into the scenario but writing letters especially to kids and grandkids is definitely on the list of things I can get away with doing on the Sabbath. Communication with love ones is always high on the list. I need to take a break from time to time when I write these letters however so I don't become mundane and repetitive. Each of the people I write to our individual and they get their own letter hopefully was something special for them. Granted I may cover some of the same area from document to document but it still crafted hopefully with them individually in mind. When I first started writing this was a bit of a challenge but like the blog it's become its own reinforcer, part of my fabric and part of what I do.


It was cold this morning and I headed out to the restaurant at about 8:30 AM. Today of course I was wearing shorts but I had one my red fleece type blankets wrapped around my legs which I'm finding is quite comforting on these cold mornings. Not only does it provide warmth to the legs will also keeps the public quiet about me wearing shorts in the wintertime. So I guess it's a win-win scenario for me. The morning rush and not really hit the restaurant when I got there so I had my pick of tables. They had rearranged our regular table and made it into a large table. I had to talk the seating hostess into a smaller table and to how I liked the chairs. She was new at least I had not seen her before. She had to be trained but she was a fast study and trying to please. It wasn't long before the granddaughter and her boyfriend did Mark Anthony showed up. We had coffee all around and a good time and a good morning sharing our weeks events and plans for the coming week. I can't believe how much I enjoy this kind of prattle perhaps only better if we had a giant house or kitchen or dining room that we all got around the table and really made the experience of Waltons event. I'm just glad for this time together. Is the crazy how it falls into these weird stereotypes? I can't believe it sometimes I believe I'm nothing but a cliché…

No comments: