Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Progress




It's funny how one small thing can change the direction of a day maybe even a whole week who knows? Today I continued my quest in replacing my items of identification and payment options and many of my monthly commitments. Feeling a little bit overwhelmed with the Catch-22 which we discussed yesterday in the posting I returned to the battle this morning with renewed vigor. I didn't know how realistic it was but we do have a service coordinator here the apartments in fact she's a new service coordinator. Just last week the service coordinator who was here when I first moved in retired and the new person Rachelle is now in place so I figured what the heck let's give her a shot. So shortly after working out and launch a wandered up to the third floor with a service coordinator's office is at.


I was amazed at how quickly she turned her focus my issues. When I explained to her my need for a new Social Security card as well as a state identification card she went right to work. Again the biggest issue regarding these two identities is to first have that birth certificate. I explained to the service coordinator that I tried to go through the Idaho Department of vital statistics and just became frustrated not knowing exactly how to access the office. It's not like one can make a phone call anymore all these professionals hide behind the Internet in trying to do an Internet connection. Rochelle indicated that she could assist me especially using the weight of her position and cut through a lot of “red tape” which is exactly what I was hoping for. It's really funny just how a name and position can change the whole concept. When I first visited with her she indicated that I had to have my certificate in order to apply for services at this apartment complex. I of course had no recollection of this solar saddle up took the elevator down to the ground floor element to the manager's office and into my file and sure enough there was a copy of my Social Security card as well as my birth certificate! I couldn't believe it. My big issue now is whether the department of motor vehicles, the folks at issue the ID cards, will take a photocopy. What little bit they have on the Internet sources just that they will not and of course you cannot access them through the phone or really get any understanding from what they have on the Internet. What they do indicate is that you have to make an appointment in order to be seen. This is somewhat frustrating in my mind knowing that probably they will not take the photocopies back to square one until I can get a copy from the state of Idaho. And this is just going to take time and patience. But I really think were on the right track and soon I'll have all the items I need to be whole again.


Even if DMV will not take the photocopies I have been reinforced with the idea that somewhere in my apartment this actual birth certificate does exist and I need to continue looking. If nothing else I am making progress





No comments: