Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Mortification!

 


I'm so embarrassed I'm beside myself. I don't even know if I'd relay this I'm so astonished at how stupid I am. I'm going to try. I don't know hundred 500 words out of it but I will try my best.


I was pretty sure that we were not going to have an Assist meeting this week just because yesterday was a federal holiday which means that nobody at assist was working which means that a private nonprofit agency which provides services like assist i.e. emergency home repair are basically inundated, totally swamped with phone calls and people demanding services. Still I called at the normal time a few minutes after 8 AM and got a hold of Andrea's and sure enough no Assist meeting today. Actually Andrea's callback a couple hours later wanting to have the meeting on Friday at 11 AM which hopefully will be okay. Just like clockwork, I listened to the weather this evening and of course a storm is coming on Friday. Perhaps even slow but probably that when I see it. So, I had my day opened up for me and I had a number of things I wanted to do. First I want to get over to the credit union and pull out 100 bucks hold me over until the cards come, then I want a go to Walmart and check Walmart's last and found in hopes that somebody turned the wallet in. Remember, somebody charged $86.40 on my card at 7 PM on the night my wallet was lost.


I'm getting used to wearing a lap blanket these days. I really don't know how much a lap blanket retains heat on the legs but I do feel a little more comfortable wearing the blanket and perhaps it does keep me a bit warmer. I like to say I'm doing the community a favor by covering up my bony old legs. I dug my red jacket out of the closet. A red jacket is very warm on a day like today are much less cumbersome than by great white jacket. And soon I was waiting for the bus. Even though we're still caught it in version the day wasn't too bad with the sunshine out dressed appropriately. Getting quite used to this particular bus trip a right to look community college then transfer to another bus which drops me off at the credit union. Space I was rather proud of myself because I found this great little neoprene wallet full kind of thing that just fit the change I had left from the hundred dollars taken out last week. But I was still excited about point out another hundred just to make sure I could make it. I quite enjoy the credit union the really are good people. Well I got $100. . Now it was back to the bus stop but before I wanted to make sure I had my seatbelt on which I've forgotten to put on the earlier so I went down to the toilet at the bottom of the bank. I never did get the seatbelt connected because my spasms are so significant today that was a little worried I would slide right out of the chair. I had so many coverings with the leg blankets and red coat. I couldn't get enough slack to do up the seatbelt and now I was ruining out of time. Fortunately, I made it back to the bus stop. Once I got to the community College I picked up the 217 and went down to Walmart.


I was hoping against hope but I did stop at the lost and found in the store employee diligently searched through whatever they have back there but there was no wallet. The service desk was really quite limited should even call it the service desk. We wouldn't even sell me a roll of quarters so luckily the person did directly to the bank branch at the market which sold me two rows of quarters enough to get me through wash for the rest of the month. Somehow, this heavy pieces of currency felt good about lap pack. At the time to check to see if they carried LaChoy brand of soy sauce – – they didn't. My spasms continued to be significant about severe. At one time I really thought I was going to slide out of my chair. I was getting to the point where I was sitting all scabby whomp is in the chair would like a real gimp. I picked up some Pringles and some hot dog buns and headed for checkout. Because of my weird and seating it seemed I could barely move it seemed like but I got in line and got checked out and when I went to pay I didn't have my wallet! I was tharn. Double searching myself hopefully thinking that the bill folded fallen on my bag or by foot pedals are caught between the blanket in my jacket that was nowhere. In fact the guy behind me act of the Samaritan bought my dinner for me I was humiliated and brokenhearted realizing that lost 100 bucks! Well only 80 since I still had two rows of quarters but still how irresponsible can someone be. I'm surprised the system even lets me out of my apartment. So, luckily tomorrow I'll be eligible to pull another hundred bucks out but let's see what I do if I even do.


No comments: