Sunday, January 23, 2022

End Of The Binge Sunday



Another perfectly good day down the tubes, will not totally down the tubes, they did get up early got ready and wander down to the restaurant where I met my son, Mark Anthony for breakfast. But seriously that's been the high point of my day aside from a short visit with my ex-wife over the Internet. Shamefully I must report that I finished the second season of Dead Like Me it seemed to me that it ended differently than what I remember the first time through. I guess in my minds eye I wanted all the reapers to get there wings or whatever the transition to wherever they were going. I have not seen plans for a third season in the second season ended quite a while ago. So I guess these reapers are just in limbo.


This the 23rd which means essentially one more week and this month and normally that's not a big deal except I start writing my letters on the first. Except for this next month, February which is my birthday month which means I'll be 71 this go around. It's not quite freaking me out like turning 70 did. And really 70 was the great freak out just a minor one. I must admit every time I hear something on the news was somebody important dying now it seems like they're always in the 70s sometimes in the 80s or even 90s but right now mainly in the 70s since that's the time of the baby boomers to see a bunch of boomers kicking the bucket the next couple of years and sadly one of them will be me. I'm getting used to the fact. Stop freaking me out the way that used to and I guess that's good that's part of the system working getting ready for the great transition.


This week I really have to put some focus on getting my identification and hopefully receiving the plastic that's been promised. First and foremost Imus contacts Social Security administration and see how I get another Social Security card. I've done this before but it's been more than 20 years of I can't quite remember the process. I'll check into the Internet sure they have I'm sure SSA has

system set up on the Internet. Once I get the Social Security card, I find my birth certificate and two proofs of address I should be good to go get my state ID. If I can get these two processes done, if the cards come in the mail, I will count this last week of the month the success and maybe just maybe I can get into my letter writing early


No comments: