Sunday, January 16, 2022

Surveillance

 


Dear get the feeling that you're losing control over something that you thought was relatively minimal in your life but seems to take on a life of its own? Kind of feeling that way tonight. With nothing really else to do I decided I would take in a movie today still trying to get as much usage out of that movie subscription deal that I'm involved with right now with the Riegel Movie theaters. I have to be careful however because I don't have any credit card/bank card backup which means I'm basically on the cash economy which is okay but I spent a good hunk of the hundred I took out the other day on this morning's breakfast. So even though the movie doesn't cost me anything if I purchase anything I'll be using cash and then I remembered that tomorrow is a federal holiday and no banks are open's so I can get another hundred tomorrow I'll have to wait till Tuesday. But I can watch a movie and it just so happens that I did have enough cash for a drink and to my surprise I had enough movie points to get a small popcorn.


Just for the exercise was waiting for the people getting concessions I wandered over to the service desk and inquired if my wallet had been turned in. This had an interest in effect and then another manager came out and asked me about what I needed. When I explained to him he got very serious asking me pertinent questions of when and where I was at the movies when this happened. All the time he was asking these questions is focused on the computer screen in front of him and I couldn't tell what he was doing. After a few minutes he asked me what my wallet look like and I explained to him that it was large oblong made out of neoprene or some kind of plastic cloth. It turns out he was scanning various videos of the premises. In fact he actually saw my wallet and then later he actually saw who took it but I guess is illegal things he could not tell me. It was at this time he asked me how I filed a police report and of course I had not. I didn't even think of doing such a thing nobody else brought it up so I didn't really consider it. The theater employee went on to tell me that he can't share any of the visuals with me until I do file a police report and that will allow the theater to get more involved in the case. I don't think so do anything about finding my wallet is. Oh, also he indicated that I need to do the same with the folks across the street at the Walmart because when the individual purchased the items with my credit card he/she was basicallycommitting fraud knows what other offenses. But, I'll have to file a report.


I don't want to file the report. If I do sure as sugar I think that little theater employee is going to get into a lot of trouble. I guess it's not my job to mitigate what happens to a person who took it upon themselves to essentially steal my wallet, when they didn't turn it in,. Then I got to thinking I'm sure the fire the whole person's ass and those what else. I don't think I want to press charges if that's what they asked me to do. I particularly don't want someone showing up at my door threatening me if not more. However if I don't miss this person going to continue in this fraudulent behavior? Like I said I don't know how much I really want to shake the tree on this sucker. Tomorrow, is a federal holiday I don't know if the police department will be open at least for stuff like giving statements or filing a crime report. Tuesday, will be the first working day. Could I told my brother Ross about the situation's response was to just “shoot them” and I know he was being totally serious. I won't go that far I just want my documentation back and forget this whole incident ever happened…



No comments: