Friday, November 04, 2022

Chilly chili Cough Cough


I'm exhausted and a little sketchy – – leave them feeling a little sketchy. I'm really practicing denial as strongly as I can but I fear I've begun the spiral down to illness. I may be to blame for going out in the cold as I did today. I really felt I needed to get some boxes of milk from the dollar store down at 5600 South Redwood Rd. so after a fairly decent nights sleep and a decent shower is suited up and headed south. It was actually a good day for travel as far as I seem to be catching the bus exactly what I needed to which believe me was very helpful. I don't think sitting out in the cold would have done me much good. As it is, I think I expose myself to the elements way too long. I was worried by red jacket however it is stocking But also the day a nagging twitch in my chest is begin causing more coughing that I like to admit. Made up all kinds of reasons why it could be coughing and none of them had to do with a cold. It's got a be just a cold. I mean I have taken time to do all the shots. I got the flu shots I got the Covid shots so if I've got something that some light version of something else nothing is just a cough. I really feel a need for citrus. I have this strange beliefs that that real citrus i.e. oranges grapefruits in particular have more than just vitamin C needed to combat illness. Now believe personal belief is possibly the strongest elixir of all.


I was kind of bummed when I realized I had left the house without my Dennis Dahle basket. Of going to take the basket with me so I can load up on a few things one was the milk from the dollar store and the other one was a bag of oranges from the Walmart to cross the street from the dollar store phone. When I realized I didn't have my basket I asked one of the stackers at the dollar store to have one of the boxes when it was finished they gave me a great box was just bigger than anticipated. The Dennis Dahle basket is just the right size to use my hook to anchor the basket to my lap. The box worked Great until the box started getting squirrely. Like I said the cardboard box that was too big for the hook to really anchored to my chair. I grabbed a lunch deli at the market which was weird I got a burrito vetted been out since 7 AM. Pretty convoluted story but I ended up eating it there at the deli at Harmon's which is totally weird. Luckily I grabbed the bus which was actually waiting at the bus stop for something and was able to go straight home. I worked out for about 40 minutes way past the 200 I needed for the week and spent the rest of the afternoon huddled by the heater trying to get warm watching Marvel movies.I know it's not too exciting I don't have an image of the days events but sometimes November Saturdays can wear you out.


I'm past denial. I know I'm going to get sick and was not going to be pleasant and in these days of Covid and whatever is pretty scary. I hope whatever I give it's a light version since I've been so diligent getting all my inoculations. Had a pretty hardy dinner of 3 being chili my home health person brought over. It was really nice to have something warm inside me. I suppose you figured out that I didn't get to Walmart across the street. I just need to get home and get warm. I still did to get some oranges and grapefruit after all belief is strong…


No comments: