Thursday, November 17, 2022

Turkey Anticipation


Here we are a week from Thanksgiving! I get a little antsy when I see the days go by so quickly. Today was the coffee social. I miss this event last week when I was so sick but this week I had no excuse. I started my wash way before so luckily I had the ability to go in and out of the meeting/group say that I had to attend my wash. It's not like this is a mandatory function (at least I don't think so never been indicated as much. I do know we come knocking on your door though if you don't show up). And I guess in all honesty I have to admit that I do kind look forward to the event weekly. I'm a little dismayed because some of the characters that used to be common attenders no longer come to the event. The people now attending except for a few of us long-term folks are the new people who just moved in over the past couple of months. I could say because they don't know any better but it certainly changing the flavor and the feeling of the whole Thursday morning coffee group. This is change which can be most uncomfortable.


I still haven't heard anything from the family about goings-on for Thanksgiving. I doubt will be anything significant but I want to keep my options open. But I'm thinking of going over in purchasing one of those huge “Hungry man dinners turkey and dressing”. Or I might get one of those turkey roasts in the same section and then make my own dressing. Those turkey roasts in the little aluminum pans come with their own gravy and worse case scenario I could craft my own little dinner. I wish I liked football Thanksgiving is the perfect day to zone out on various University football games. A whole day of just grazing and watching football of never understood that. Now I can see if there is some good selections on Netflix or even Amazon that might be an option and I might do that and maybe if the weather is willing I might even drive my power chair up to the moviehouse and catch some holiday offerings. I'm sure I'll be thankful for something that day. Did I tell you, the closed the liquor store down the road from my apartment which is a real drag. Not that I use the Class House that much is just nice to drop in and see what's available. I'm such a lightweight I buy booze and don't do anything with it except sample every once in a while. I actually buy the booze for other people in my life case they'd like some. I did that with one of my home help people who really likes Bailey's and their coffee. I bought a big bottle thinking she would like a lot is only used it once we would a lot more for me. I don't like to drink by myself I rarely do but maybe I might do some coffee and Bailey's Thanksgiving evening as I watch Netflix or whatever

No comments: