Thursday, November 03, 2022

More Nuts

 


I think I may be going a little overboard on this Amazoncom order anything you want scenario. Today I got a package from Amazon.com which I ordered last week. It was delivered of course to my door here the apartment complex and if I don't bring the package it immediately (and I didn't even know that come today) my neighbors like to scoop it up and knock on my door to let me know I have a package I'm pretty sure this is all done with good intent this kind irks me. Anyway, the boxes kind heavy as I lifted it off the table. I secured one of my rocker knives and was able to easily open up the box and it was 4 pounds of almonds! I knew that I'd order almonds but I'd forgotten how much. 4 pounds is a lot of almonds going to have to stick it in the fridge so the almost don't go bad. So now I have my not orders in. I have received no word on what to do with the filberts and worst-case scenario maybe I'll just keep them in Finder hammer some other weighted device and crack the nuts myself, one by one which could conceivably take forever. Possibly, I could buy some cute gift bags and use the dots for Christmas gifts how frustrating would that be for those who received them especially for folks around here who I doubt have a weighted device to crack the shells. It might be $23 worth of entertainment who knows? This week I also received the cashews and pecans selecting come set. I thought about getting peanuts but I think I have enough already. I cleaned out the plastic container I use when I mix the notes together. I didn't realize how grody the nut fragments and got none some places. I think some of the highly stat oriented nuts like cashews lose fat which in turn, soaks up some of the.fragments left by the nuts that have been there for some time. The weight of the nuts pulverizes the softer nuts into some kind of a nut flour/jelly at the bottom of the container if the nuts are changed on a regular basis. I did this today saved what I could added the rest of the M&Ms I got from yesterday's trip to the market and quick dive through the discarded Halloween candy in many shopping carts for quick sale. I also added part of the bag of cranberries (dried) but I got a few weeks ago on the sharing shelf. I still need to get my container of nuts on a high shelf to finish the new mix.


It's really too easy to order stuff. I worry about myself sometimes but always consider I'm okay well at my bank balances. The case in point however is that Amazon is too easy for me to use. I've spent enough now today even going to the bank/credit union and getting cash that I can run on and not have to charge anything except the occasional Sunday breakfast. If I don't spend anything for a week or so I can see just where I am at and how much I can still utilize. After all it's Thanksgiving month may want to buy a pumpkin pie who knows what!

No comments: