Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Waiting For The Call

 


Well it's Election Day the think that would make a very fine item to post a blog on but not for me but not today. Perhaps, I might come back to this topic tomorrow when I actually see and understand the results of how the American vote went today. I have to be honest I am a little concerned and a little nervous about how things might go but like I said these are ideas and thoughts for another day.


Today, I continue to heal/recover from this last bout of illness I've been going through. It's Tuesday of course that usually means I have my Tuesday morning assist Inc. meeting of course which did not happen today. I just not up to the task. I'm feeling weak and suspect particularly because the weather at least that's what I thought when I made the call at 8 AM this morning as soon as they got in their office. Actually even if it didn't rain or snow on me I think the physical challenge of traveling to the meeting and back would been exhausting for me. However I must admit that I slept better last night that I have for the last couple of nights but still woke up at 4:30 AM the final time and never back to sleep. I did not have near as much wheezing and railing in my chest as I did not before but I still had significant amounts of noisy chest. In the old days when I had a disease process like this I would pretty much just “walk it off. I still pretty much believe the concept that if it doesn't kill you makes you stronger but as I age that particular comment I do not believe as strongly as I once did at 71 with the diminished respiratory ability to think up a prime candidate far many problems particularly those by RSV orRespiratory syncytial virus, again, once in the old days I would not have worried about this particular situation at all truly believe in us too strong to be really compromised but lately I've been really paying much more attention to my vulnerability space as a person with a significant disability as well as a person in their 70s! As I lay in my bed during the nights with the respiratory railing so bad in my chest that I cannot sleep I really begin to get frightened. Then I remember the bits and pieces” from the news broadcasts as well as various PSA's about how seniors are targeted individuals for RSV. I believe it was this morning as I lie in bed playing with my cell phone zooming around the Internet I looked up to RSV information and sure enough what went down its victims symptoms I had them all. That did shake me up a little bit. So I figured even if it might be maybe a little risky perhaps I did need to show up at the hospital/IMC and do whatever they do the folks like me with respiratory issues.


I'm kind of problem myself. I use for my time this morning and called the hospital IHC were my internist and main Doc reside. Of course there's no chance in hell I will see Nathan Allred MD. But I will be able to see whether this little goons or residents. I also guess I could've gone in for the interview our evaluation process but it was supposed to rain and snow today and it was not them then. I can't believe how delighted I was when the nurse went to the phone suggested a Zoom medical appointment! It's not like they pulling up my shirt and have them stick is cold stethoscope on my back but at least he'll be able to hear me and ascertain whether I should come in for a real visit. So that's what I have, just about an hour from now I should get a message are notification of some sort about where to go and Jack into the Internet and wait for the doctor show up. I think this is a great concept. Actually, this morning I aspirated a little bit when I was chomping down on some crisp bacon I had just cooked in the bacon, I think, has really been making me cough for than usual. Hopecrispy piece of workis the case and not some histrionic attempt capture some attention. It seems like since I got over the choking fit of the aspirated meat I have been coughing a lot more especially when trying to speak or verbalize. I texted Dianne my situation and she encouraged me to make the appointment she told me about her experience with having to use some sort of respiratory therapy and how well it made her feel. I'm definitely there and hope my meeting with the resident will be as productive…

No comments: