Monday, November 21, 2022

Fake Dressing-- RealLife

 



I swear I'm going insane! Somewhere in this little apartment of mine I have a old bottle of green olives, you know those kind that show up in really strays every holiday season? Well, I've seen this bottle off and on throughout the year and since I rarely have a reason to use it I've never really touch the jar after put it wherever I did. But can I find it today? Hell no. Of course my neighbor is putting together the relish tray that we kind of volunteered for at the apartment Thanksgiving dinner which is going to be tomorrow, as I understand it. I will not be there but they're going to have it just the same. I did/was able to find my can of pickled beets and small jar of sweet nubbin's or pickles and the good people of this apartment complex well just have to do with that. So I guess my to miss probably the only Thanksgiving dinner that I was going to get. So, since I needed coffee filters I sprinted over to the market this afternoon picked up the filters and I also picked up Hungry Man turkey dinner – – basic hedging my bets nothing better comes open I'm going to have Thanksgiving thanks to the hungry man Corporation. As I was rummaging through my pantry I came across alone box of turkey stuffing. I think on Wednesday night or afternoon going to put together this turkey stuffing so all have it for Thanksgiving in case I need back up. I know will get a little stuffing with the hungry man dinner but you never get enough. So that in mind I'm also been mixup package of baked potatoes and open a can of gravy, turkey gravy. I should just about be covered to have a real meal and not knock myself out like I've done in years past. I kind of miss the thrill of preparing the real bird especially feeding the people with it since I have neither this will have to do. And quite frankly I'm thankful for this abundance that I have here in this little apartment complex.


It's almost 7 PM but because the days now darken by a little after 5 PM seems like it's a lot later than it is. There's a part of me that wants to pack it in turn off the lights wandering the back room with the bed and hunker down and read maybe work out a be play on Internet for a while and then jump into bed at a decent hour with the hopes of a long night sleep. That rarely happens but it's nice to think about. I have a few folks I like to visit with courtesy of the Internet and Reddit or other platforms that I figured out how to use. There's so many that I still trying to figure out. It's like I'm visiting with real people, who they are very real electorate there in a room with me especially if we use open chat where we can see each other that's even better and can be a lot of fun and not feel like I am an isolate. When I have a night of visiting such as this I feel more productive than squeeze it in another Marvel movie or other piece of tripe from Netflix or Amazon. Real life always trumps the media…

No comments: