Saturday, November 26, 2022

Saturday Citrus

 



I can't believe that I almost forgot to write in my blog today. I just finished a Seinfeld episode started wondering if I actually had written when I checked sure enough I had not! That's not like me. Many times my blog is the only important thing I do during the day and that's not a very important. So here I am 7 o'clock on Saturday night trying to put a blog entry together.


Unit one of my pet peeves is, not having a vehicle at my disposal, is how difficult it is if you're in a wheelchair even a power chair to get large items the market or when you purchase a lot of items of the market more than just for the basket that I take with me. The other pet peeve is that my local market does not carry citrus fruit in bags communal plastic bags like he usually gets the market like a bag of 10 grapefruit or bag of 10 oranges. Anyway, I was a stroll around the apartment this afternoon when I got a call from my brother who indicated he'd be in my area is there anything I needed from the market. And for some reason I instantly thought a grapefruits from Walmart where I've seen that they did have plastic sacks of fruit. So I asked him if he would swing by and pick one up for me. I really appreciated his reaching out to ask what I needed. I have sort of curtailed what what I'm asking my brother to do for me especially since he had his hips replaced. Actually he's getting pretty well healed now which is encouraging but that the same time I don't want him to think that I just want him in my life to take care the things I can't do by myself. While he was here delivering the oranges I have them do some fixes to my power chair as well. Just little things quickly done and with little effort and no stress to replace hips. I almost had me come over last week to screw the power strip to buy wooden bedside stand. As it is now the charger has a pretty thick plastic cord that always causes the the plug-in part to twist am always worried that it'll pull them cord that powers my bed out and leave me stranded. When I 1st called and asked for the assist a week or so ago I was just getting over the last illness and he seemed a little reticent. We agreed to wait until we both felt better but when he called the other day to see if it was a good time to come over I ask a told him that's okay I've some regard taken care of. I haven't but at the same time I think I just live with it for a while. I may even tried to do it myself. Sometimes I worry that I'm losing my independence. This is a stupid thing I know I'm seriously as I age I'm going to need more and more assists I can just tell that now. But for now I'll get by with the power strip dangling on the side of the wood contraption. I just have to be careful to sure that the power beds plugged in all the way every night. However I'm totally excited about having a bag of grapefruit and a brother who delivers…

No comments: