Sunday, November 27, 2022

Hold Out

 



Truly been sort of a crazy autumn this year. We held less than a month before true winter begins and it's cold some days very cold yet the silly tree outside my window has yet to drop its leaves. Sure it's let a couple go here and there but to my recollection that little tree usually has everything gone by Thanksgiving but not this year they don't really know why. Not that it matters a whole lot because I'm sure the next couple days with a good wind the rest of those fleas are going tumble down. Still I scratch my head every morning when I get up and look outside the window and see my tree still frocked out in its summer wear.


Mark Anthony and Jasmine both are recouped to the point that were willing to head out this morning for Sunday breakfast. We have missed almost a month of breakfast now and it felt good to get back in the swing of the breakfast thing. I was late meeting up with the group this morning. They had called to let me know that they were running late indicating I probably had 20 minutes before they would be in to the restaurant so I started to get involved in something else to occupy my time in got a text that they were there. I quickly threw myself together and flew down to the restaurant. It's kind of amazing in the section where we always sit there for 5 other groups that always sit there as well and it was like old home week seeing these folks I hadn't seen for a couple weeks. We don't say a lot to each other more like nodding heads and occasionally a word here there but general acknowledgment.there's one group of old guys who sit right behind us. I was annoyed at 1st when Pam waitress type person sat them behind us they were noisy kind of gruff and they seem to crowd me a little bit. However I was interested to overhear their conversations from time to time. Old guys were probably as old as I am some retired and some not working in conventional job settings but to part-time work and things like drivers for the various car services or transportation services that seems to a been popping up since the Covid hit a lot of regular work disappeared. These guys are able to do these part-time jobs and make enough along with whatever subsidy i.e. Social Security type stuff they might be getting to make it enough to have Sunday breakfast and coffee with the boys. I've grown to enjoy the fact they sit behind me now and enjoy our encounters when we have them.


We had our regular breakfast Mark and I in Jasmine and of course Jaxon but he never orders breakfast. I don't know if he eats before he comes our test go to breakfast with his family somewhere afterwards but the lab never eats except when Jasmine stuffs with food off her plate. Usually Jaxon avoids her pestering but every once a while relents and do not piece of soggy bacon the meat torn off leaving the fat and he does that grudgingly. Jaxon is a good kid but very young and has a long way to go. He fits in with our local group quite comfortably is smart enough to laugh at all of my jokes. The gets pretty bright picks up on a lot of things other folks of the table miss seem to have a little bit of a bond perhaps his best just a little bond never know how these things will work out.

No comments: