Tuesday, November 22, 2022

J F K Who?

 



I call today JFK day. I don't know anybody else he uses that reference. Interestingly however to be I almost forgot that it was today that Kennedy was assassinated so many years ago I don't even know exactly how many now but I know it was over 50 because I was still able bodied at the time I may have been 14 I was in the 7th grade. Actually, I was 12! Almost 13 and February. I remember now year was 1963 I would've been 12. I didn't think I would ever forget that day but this year I almost did. I was on the train heading for downtown Salt Lake when it occurred to me that this was the anniversary. My guess is no big deal now, just another day, I'm surprised they haven't elevated it to some sort of national recognition. But I think it's doomed to languish in the minds of those who experienced the day the music died.


The sun was out today but the inversions have started which means that even though the sun is out the day is going to be cold regardless because the inversion locks the coldness in a ground-level seems. I made a mad dash from the apartment this morning when I realized I was going to miss my bus to the train station and if I did I would be a half an hour late for my love o'clock the meeting. Actually, I was quite impressed with myself because I made the bus. But in dashing out like I did I did not get blanket to cover my legs as I've been doing any time I'm out in the elements this winter. I've found that covering the legs with a blanket even though totally makes me look like an invalid it actually kind of helps keep me warm as well as hide by gimpy legs. Not that my gimpy legs bother me that much is just that I can wear my shorts and shoes and not have to worry about everybody gasping about how cold I must be. In fact the blanket helps make me invisible because then I fit the icon or persons a disability on public transit.


I don't know if I've bitched and moaned about the new direction assist, Inc. has gone since they hired the new director a number years ago. It's like all the new staff or Mormon so there's no coffee pot way it used to be. That's okay there is a little bakery shop right next door to the office, for now anyway, and I can usually get 12 ounce coffee for couple bucks there and gets me through the meeting. It's just been made public that the bakery shop is going out of business or closing so everybody and theirduck was there this morning trying to get their last coffee in. Was taking forever so I just ended up going over to the meeting without my coffee unfortunately for me when the new staff (who is the exchange student from somewhere) had a bottle ofinstant coffee and she executed together a a cop was totally helped me out. Following the meeting I went to lunch at this small restaurant which is on the other side of the coffee shop. I've never been there it's a Thai restaurant I'm not that familiar with Thai food but I stopped in how to lunch which is great. I'm using that image for today's post. 4 skewers of beef and this concoction of Asian vegetables on the side. I would rather had rice but that wasn't on the menu.


I kind of got scolded (in a friendly manner) by folks who missed me at the luncheon and I kind of blew him off. I wish however I'd ask somebody to put together a Thanksgiving day plate that I could've enjoyed I think I still have options and maybe I'll just have to be happy with my hungry man selection…

No comments: