Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Brother Time… Precious

 


I knew today was going to be odd just because I was going to have to give up my regular chair so that can house repairs done on it. Giving up my chair also means I have to go to my backup chair which is a bit of a puzzle if not a pill. I'm thankful to have access to this chair, a piece of equipment I know and somewhat love especially is nothing else around which be the case if I didn't have access to my old equipment. Still however when the reasons I got the new chair or the current chair is because the old one is wearing out. I think the left motor is in trouble of a hard time turning the chair to the left. Then parts are begin the fall off the makes the whole vehicle somewhat worrisome and I don't think dependable for any extended trips. I'm not going to address the fact that I have a cushion in that chair but probably less than supportive. I think subconsciously thinking about this chair was so unnerving that I had not necessarily nightmares very uncomfortable dreams and waking periods throughout the night. Quite frankly, I'm surprised I'm doing as well as I am at this semi-late hour.


I pretend I can deal with this chair for the usual 24 hour period that I'm without the other. Remember, my wheelchair shop orders and all the parts then collects my chair is the work done all one time and usually brings back the next night. Here's crossing my fingers. Like I said I can usually deal with this chair for 24 hours. But today or this evening the left side of my foot box on this chair fell off! And I was thinking to myself will and don't really want to bother my brother but the same time I don't do something to this foot box I may be in jeopardy in the morning when I do the transfer from the bed to the chair. I've got to be sure that my feet are going to be secure in the foot box. I worry that if I foot should slip off the foot box or the footplate that my whole body just might slip off of the chair then it's fire engine time. So as much as I didn't want to bother my brother this evening I bothered my brother. Luckily I caught them on a night when they didn't have anything scheduled except for one's personal life and he just had finished dinner so he came right over. Luckily all the way around this was a simple fix for my brother. For me I do not have a chance in hell trying to fix the thing. Too little nuts which anchored the foot box in place had been lost causing the left foot box completely come off the footplate. Carl just had to go across the street to the portable store and get a couple of nuts and washers, came back with a little finagling got the foot box back in place and I think I'll be safe for tomorrow morning transfers and dressing.and I'm anxiously waiting for the return of the chair

No comments: