Sunday, November 20, 2022

Thanksgiving Week Begins!

 


Both kids sick so there's no restaurant breakfast today spend 3 or 4 weeks now. Kind of strange hopefully will get back to a regular schedule and everybody gets well. I was going get up and be fairly productive but instead got caught in a long texting conversation with somebody you have just met on the Internet. We texted of for quite a while. We both have significant disabilities which we both found interesting and spell long time doing compare and contrast. She's a para its always interesting to see how paraplegics live as opposed to quads. Other than that they are pretty quiet day. Luckily I've made meals Saturday so I wouldn't have to do any cooking today.


We are entering Thanksgiving week and decide for an apartment Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday I think that's about as good as it's going to get. I have basically signed up for salad tray. It just so happens I have those baby nubbin bread-and-butter pickles, olives: green and black and I even have a can of pickled beets. My neighbor and I think that will be a fabulous tray. I'm going to give her all the vixens should put them together as our contribution to the meal. I think I've written about it before the Thanksgiving week in a place like this is, kind of funky. Staff all seem preoccupied with the holiday was going to happen and how they're going to spend it. Which is cool, I totally understand it from when I was working in a private nonprofit industry as well as state work. Not a whole lot gets done everything is sort of on freefall. Everything just gets by. Unlike other years when I tried to really do something I think this year I'm just going hunker down and try to stay as long as possible write, draw and mess around on the Internet. I'd like to drink lots of coffee and eat pumpkin pie but that doesn't sound too healthy. Everything in small amounts that's the best way to do it.


Sadly this afternoon I got quasi-alerted by one of my granddaughters that her sisters birthday was yesterday and of course I missed it. I've mentioned before about my failure as a grandparent. I just can't keep birthdays straight. Can there get cards out in time and don't even think about gifts the best I do is send cash which is really a cheap out if you know what I mean. Luckily, the birthday granddaughter did send me a letter earlier in the month to which I responded with a $5 bill and which possibly got there on or close to the birthday so maybe she'll think that's the gift for the grandpa is really her reward for writing the letter. I've only got a few grandchildren I don't know what some of these giant Mormon families do you have 40 or 50 grandkids. That would be a nightmare financial and otherwise trying to be a good grandparent there. So I guess I'll just keep writing my letters and hopefully they'll do.


That's it for this Sunday. I think I'll try to get to bed early tonight to get a head start on the holiday week…

No comments: