Saturday, November 19, 2022

Welcome Back Internet

 


I woke up this morning and still I could not reach the Internet. Clearly was ever in charge is not turn me back on. This is a real thought that I had and that I've been carrying the last couple of days. I don't know why I didn't think through what was going on. I dealt with this issue numerous times and why it did not click in is beyond me. I was awake by 6 AM and by 6:30 AM I was out of bed into the bathroom doing the shave in the face thing and then getting dressed totally focused on being dressed and ready by the time it was for me to go over across the street for coffee with my neighbor and friend here at the complex. I've met somebody on the Internet and I noticed she had sent me a greetings this morning. Since I cannot get out on the Internet except on my cell phone that's where I texted her back and forth using up a lot of time. Then all the sudden even my cell phone would not make contact with the Internet! Now is totally frustrated. It seemed like I could even barely get a dial tone. I wasn't sure what was going on. I texted my son, Mark Anthony, who is now sick in bed trying to recover from this respiratory thing going around. He advised me to call the number on the document that I got in the mail telling me that I would be disconnected if I didn't pay my bill. That's what this was all about.


Without information I did call the number and this time got hooked up with another minority person who is definitely very nice and very patient and who finally was able to kind to talk me through the phone call to the point where she set up appointments for tomorrow on Monday that an Internet jockey could come out and help me get myself back online. In the interim she give me some other ideas in this for finally kicked in. The old unplugged modem routine that is unplugged the power source to the modem wait 3 minutes then turn the system back on. I was so confused at this time I could even find the modem which is right next to me sitting on top of the CPU. Then it was all coming back from the last time this happened. I even had Mark Anthony placed the modem on top the CPU for the very purpose of rebooting the system should this happen again. It was pretty awkward for me to try to get to the's modem while the operator was online but she is very patient is very committed and eventually I got the thing unplugged weighted plugged in and waited for the whole system to rejuvenate itself… Which it did when I was a static. I had access, once again, to my blog and all the other things that I post and more importantly Netflix, Amazon and Disney things that will get me through the coldest periods of this year. I chose to stay in today after going to coffee with the group. I don't know shopping yesterday getting more juice, more citrus and more condiments ketchup and mustard as well as tater tots to get me through the weekend. The day was beautiful I probably should've gone to the movies but staying home and getting the Internet connection fixed seemed more important to me and was.


Not only is Mark Anthony sick but so is Jasmine my 2 favorite Sunday morning people. That means I have Sunday morning free am not sure what I'm going to do with it. Though I don't like to do a big cook thing on Sunday I might make up some bacon for bacon and eggs through some coffee and enjoy the morning this last Sunday of November…

No comments: