Sunday, November 13, 2022

Mac and Cheese- Less

 


I was pretty croupie where woke up this morning that seems to be the case right now. Once I'm up I feel pretty good in my coughing diminishes significantly as a pretty much does for the rest of the day unless I end up speaking somebody and then the frequency or intensity of the cough greases relevant to how much I'm verbalizing were trying to. People are noticing however that I tend are looking better and that I look like I feel better as well, so I must be on the mend. Now, having said all that I must confess are pretty much stayed in the apartment all day I only have .4 on my odometer for miles traveled. I may be a decent br particular fam particuSunday a decent breakfast using up the last of the bacon I cooked last week with the last of the eggs I got from leftovers from the food bank box day here at the complex. I also used a couple pieces of the dark rye bread I got from the market on Friday. I prefer dark rye over the swirly bread that passes for rye bread these days. I still like a good seeded Rye... If I find rye bread especially toast wonderful in the morning. I use the the bacon, as I said, mixed in with the eggs and some mozzarella cheese that one of my neighbors hung on my door. It turned out to particular Sunday a pretty decent little sandwich which I made. I have a half a sandwich for tomorrow's breakfast as well. I guess the point I was making was that I cooked this morning which I totally enjoyed. Since you been going up to breakfast every Sunday morning I haven't cooked my Sunday breakfasts in quite a while. There really is a pleasure padding around the kitchen, listening to Sunday morning music – – whatever flavor I'm into that particular Sunday. Other than that and an inquiry from my neighbor across the way as to my condition spent a quiet day. The sun was out but it was still cold and I don't want to tempt fate by going out if I don't have and build up my strength. And it up watching movies which felt good and therapeutic I'm not going to apologize.


Couple weeks ago, I remember when I got that meat from the “quick sale” section of the meat department. One of them was sub a bunch of what look like hot dogs but are called something sausages. I think they really are hot dog or wiener. I got so many I don't know what to do with them. What I plan to do I think tomorrow is cook up half of them to keep in the fridge to use for fast dinner ideas or lunches and then freeze the rest. But tonight I was really excited about having some Kraft macaroni and cheese. I don't do macaroni and cheese a lot but I don't dislike the dish either this just so pedestrian. But tomatoes in the mood for some Kraft mac & cheese and a couple of the dogs broiled or fried or something. Just sounded good for a cold Sunday night. I out my medium-sized saucepan carefully put 6 cups of water on to boil and then tore into the box read the directions 1st. I pulled out this little slack of fake cheese that you sprinkle on blended to the hot noodles once they're cooked and that I realized total package was covered with maggot casings, maggots not the right word, but you know what I mean those little bitty pasts that like to devour anything that's not fastened tight. I don't know why I didn't think this would happen. As I looked inside the macaroni there were covered with these little warm things. I tossed everything turn the water off and dug out a frozen meat pie to microwave. I think my project this week will be to toss all the packages I've been hoarding for years literally, and start replacing some. I mean sure in the famine I would eat the mac & cheese maggots in all but we're a long ways from that still hopefully I'll have food that's well within the expiration dates when the end does come…

No comments: