Thursday, November 10, 2022

Triple Leg Soup

 



It's been a stressful day, low stress, but stressful just the same. Early on my home help person texted me wondering now if I'd gotten the results for my Covid 19 test. I did get the results but don't really understand them but that's another issue. She was calling because she woke up very ill. And I think wanting to know if I was positive and what the next step should be. So I've spent the major portion of this day trying to make contact with my doctor released the one who worked with the residents on the virtual visit that I did last week and I haven't been able to get any results. Now I'm feeling guilty if I have exposed my person to the dreaded Covid 19 virus. And I really don't want to lose her support our friendship. I can of feel that since I'm in the middle of trying to get this information I'm the one looks like I failed – – maybe I am the one – – but I certainly would trying to figure out what the next step is. Luckily the wheezing and such that had been most concerned as fairly well subsided. I have to keep myself hydrated that make sense anyway. Though I can sleep through the night now without being woken up with tremendous rails and wheezing.


I was actually supposed to go out today to have lunch with my friend Lori but I'm just not feeling strong enough to go out and whether it's cold like it is now. So that's been put on the back page/burner in my mixing up metaphors? I'm sure that I am.


However, I am moving forward, I had 3 chicken legs left over from the pack of the legs I got last week the one to use them up before they went bad. I've never done this before but I'm trying to make my own chicken noodle soup. So I started out by throwing the chicken legs into the water on the stove and then just cut is not out of the whole pot 1st long as I could adding things like mushrooms, celery, carrots I even threw in a can of chicken noodle soup that Mark Anthony gave me over the weekend but I was so sick. Mark Anthony gave me 2 cans of soup 1 I consumed immediately the other I had ready to go by figure out add that to the soup concoction and see how it worked. I will think of doing this for some time but today is my 1st real chance of doing it. I figured what the heck it's worth a shot was give me a whole Lotta soup about to deal with. Of course the meat is fallen off the bones of the chicken legs are still got to get those out but what seems to be the soup is tasting okay I think it needs a little salt and pepper but overall this soup is for me I think at will be able to ingest it okay. The big drawback however is that anytimeI launch into a project like this I completely destroy my kitchen. And if indeed I have caused my home health person to be sick the question is will see even show up tomorrow? And if she does will see carry this grudge? She could now wouldn't blame her that one little bit.


I've got corn bread in the oven I hope it's okay I didn't add any sugar to the mix which is the way I like my cornbread. The directions made for small loaf. I should double everything but wasn't sure how that would cook and how long and how much and all that stuff. I'll just have to wing it and hope that it will be edible with my soup. Whatever ideas I hope it helps me in my recovery, my three-legged soup…

No comments: