Tuesday, November 15, 2022

chilly Tuesday

 


Fortunately, there is not an Assist, Inc. meeting this morning. Fortunate because even though I'm feeling 100% better I don't want to jinx myself by being out in the cold too much. Last week of course I was so sick I could barely get out of bed and they had the meeting without me, which is okay with me, so I know that they would not have a lot more items to consider the new may be some issues next week as well as we go into the holiday season. Next week will be Thanksgiving week and who knows who will be in town who won't be. I will of course, yours truly is going nowhere.


As I said I'm feeling a lot better than just a little hesitant to be out in the extreme cold that we seem to be having right now. And is called yes early about freezing may be a little under freezing the sun shines out it doesn't feel totally cold or dangerously cold anyway. Tomorrow, I am scheduled to head down south to my podiatrist. This will be out in the elements for a significant amount time but as I said currently even those bone chilling the sun shines out this certainly gives the illusion of warmth. I could counsel but already have done twice and I don't want to get so wussed out that I'm too frightened to go anywhere as it might put me under significant duress. And as I pondered this issue the last couple of days it seems to me that in fact I probably need to be out in the elements little more so my body can build up a resistance. This is probably just stinking thinking but I like to believe it. You know, “what doesn't kill us makes us stronger”.


Perhaps the most significant event of my day was pulling my red jacket over my head and headed out across the street to the market. Today is in between day between home health people Gloria will be here tomorrow and I've noticed that I'm running low cleaning materials in the bathroom. I been using Clorox spray as well as Ajax cleanser. I could've gotten, Comet cleanser it was just a few cents more than the container of Ajax. I really like Ajax because the Ajax cleanser as the blue specks or dots in the cleanser itself which turns whatever you're doing blue. This is especially rewarding when washing out the toilet. I just love the way it turns everything blue and it smells so clean. I figure if it could do that for the toilet it's good for the rest of the bathroom as well. I picked up a few other items while at the market. They had this deal for grapefruit juice just one calorie (which I don't know if I truly believe or not). Macy's had a deal of 3 for $5. I'm really trying to build up my juice supply to keep more hydrated.I was significant problem with intakes of fluid during the day. I run out of excuses now I just have to do it to me feel better. It's hard to believe that next week is Thanksgiving week. I thought about getting a turkey they were expensive but doable but I just don't know what to do with a whole turkey. I've learned my lesson that 1st year I cooked a bird bird here at the apartments. But only was a dangerously awkward trying to get the bird out of the oven but trying to consume that much meat with one person is a joke. But I still want to have the Thanksgiving meal one or the other. I guess I need to start putting hints out to my son moving to another rendition of last year's Thanksgiving event…

No comments: